General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

what will fit

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 10:22 AM
Question what will fit

ok i have a 1995 honda civic coupe,with a plan jane 1.5 that i slung a wrist pin in.and im wanting to know.what is the biggest 4 cyl. that i can put in my car that will bolt right up to my 5 speed and motor mounts is?

Old 12-21-2011, 11:06 AM

A D16 motor (1.6L). D series transmissions are not directly compatible with anything but D series motors.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:57 AM

ok but mine isnt a 1.6,its a 1.5 non vtec

Old 12-21-2011, 02:02 PM
Recognized HCF Member

You can use a D16 such as D16Z6 that was in the 1992-1995 EX, or the D16Y7 or D16Y8 found in 1996-97 models. It's a very straightforward drop in. (if you have a VTEC one and want the VTEC to actually work, you'd need to change the ECU and add some wiring). Any engine that starts with D will mate with your transmission.

Also the heads and blocks can intermix. If your head is still good you can swap it onto the bottom half of a D15 or D16 engine.

Old 12-22-2011, 02:49 AM

which one has the most horse power,out of those?and you said i will half to add some wiring is that hard to do,and will i half to change out my cars brain box?im not much of a mec.im more of an inter.and audio guy.i no the basic's on how to swap motors and trans and stuff like that but dont know how to build a motor and such.i understand how they work just never been good at getting them in time,and all.
the whole reason im in this mess is beacause im put a cold air intake on my car that goes down in the front bumper,and one day it came a hard rain while i was at work and when i drove home the air filter sucked up a lot of water and my car died out,and with me being a dumb *** i started it back up and white smoke came out the tail pipe.and it started tapping,didnt sound like a rod or any thang but i shut it off and trailored it to my buddys shop and took the oil pan of and droped the mains and rod bearings,the mains where fine,but the rod bearings had flat spots so i figured that when i started it back up the bearings went bad.so i replaced them torked all to spec.and filled back up with oil.and to be sure i pulled the valve cover off to check the rockers and cam and they was fine.so once that was done i started it up and it still taped.so me being me i said screw it and drove it home cause i was still mad from when i took it off the trailer i broke my body kit.and needless to say the next day i went to drive it the wrist pin that i failed to check broke and slung a rod threw the block.

Old 12-22-2011, 05:43 AM

D16z6 would be the motor with the most horsepower.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:43 AM
HCF Member

Select from the list which engine suits your taste.

Honda D engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-22-2011, 01:24 PM
Recognized HCF Member

A sufficient quantity of water going into the engine while it is running is going to cause immediate major damage-- don't beat yourself up over what you did or didn't do afterward. I wouldn't count on the head being any good either now. Fortunately it was just a D15B7. If you drove into a substantial flood, drain the transmission fluid (need to do that anyway when replacing the engine) as there may be water in there.

Last edited by mk378; 12-22-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:05 PM

it was just a big water puddle that splashed water onto the cold air intake in the front lower bumber,that caused it to suck water into it.
im looking for the motor with the most horse power that will bolt right up.the 102 horse power that was in my car was cool for out running chevy's was great but i want to be able to out run a 3000gt and the mustangs that rumble my home towns street.there are only a hand full of tuners in my town and they are all slow i blow there doors off when we would race.yeah there motors put out more power but they dont know how to drive or shift lol.
i found a motor and 6 speed tranny for my car that has 183 horse power but not sure of the wiring and dont know if it will hook up.its all jdm,and will be shipped from japan.

Old 12-23-2011, 12:07 PM

but thank you all for your help.means the world to me,have ya'll seen my pics yet,im trying to figure out this forum still so once i do figure it out i will put a pic or to as my signature like all of you guys have

Quick Reply: what will fit