General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

What's Wrong with your Civic?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 11:44 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Mecca8383
Check it out Boom!

BTW..you can try pouring warm water on the areas that don't warm up with the engine..just a suggestion.
I heated up the engine to a good temp, blasted it with 6 more cans of brake fluid. Let it dry then hit it with 2 cans of Gunk Gel degreaser. Let it sit for 15 minuted then hooked up the hose to the hot water heater drain and hit it with 150 degree water, Well, 50 gallons of it at least. Got it clean enough to find the issue.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:03 PM
HCF Member

one of my rear and front lights have a leak somewhere, fortunately no engine leaks, my drivers seat is ripped, and my cd player only plays radio haha

Old 11-17-2010, 08:28 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by project91
one of my rear and front lights have a leak somewhere, fortunately no engine leaks, my drivers seat is ripped, and my cd player only plays radio haha
No aux or input line on your stereo? You should be very very ashamed of yourself !
Nah man..get yourself a used stereo(with aux or input line) from a pawn shop and you can play all the MP3 tracks you want(please please please don't tell me you don't have an MP3 player yet..if not..we need to get you help right away.).
Also don't worry too much about the buying a harness..just cut the wires on the harness you have on the stereo you have now & match the color wires like a children's book.

Last edited by Mecca8383; 11-17-2010 at 08:36 AM.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:06 AM
HCF Member

There is nothing wrong with my Civic . I and **** about my builds.

Old 11-27-2010, 04:27 AM

I just replaced the front speaker system with a component speaker set so the OEM tweeters are just sitting in my garage. I will send ya a pm to see.

Old 11-27-2010, 06:34 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by sfazngiants
whats wrong with my civic? lets see

- p0140 CEL that i never got a chance to fix
- transmission slip i think
- scratches on my front and rear bumper
- rock chips on my front bumper
- dent on driver side fender
- passenger window going off track, seem to have the problem fixed. I also carry a bottle of lubricant for the window tracks in the trunk

thats all i can think of right now
Is the p0140 the one you get for 2nd o2 sensor? If so you could do this.
$5 o2 cheater

Old 11-27-2010, 10:15 PM

This seems like the thread for me! I have a '97 DX and here are the problems:
-The windshield wipers um, work. Low and medium do if I hold the lever in the proper place, but full on works perfectly.
-If I punch the wheel hard enough the wipers will move. (I can rage on the road at times)
-The break pad on the front wheel has come loose and it dragging against the axle. It's been like that for a month and I can't get it fixed for another month.
-The driver side window is off the track and there is tape holding it in place.
-I need new belts in the engine.
-It is an automatic.
-There are several dents and scratched spots on the car, all of which are not my fault. (That's ok since it's still a great car and I got it for $1000)

Old 11-28-2010, 12:35 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by ABEC11SpeedMachine
-The break pad on the front wheel has come loose and it dragging against the axle. It's been like that for a month and I can't get it fixed for another month.

I can't imagine any reason that you would wait to fix this unless you are not driving the vehicle. It is dangerous to drive and will do some really expensive damage.

It's only a matter of pulling the tire and 2 bolts on the caliper.

Old 11-29-2010, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by TiggerDX
I can't imagine any reason that you would wait to fix this unless you are not driving the vehicle. It is dangerous to drive and will do some really expensive damage.

It's only a matter of pulling the tire and 2 bolts on the caliper.
The problem is that I don't have any where to fix it where I am. I am 300 miles from home at college, with not enough money to fix it. I have to wait to get home where a friend of mine works t shop and can do it for free. In the meantime I have to hope I get lucky and drive it very little. Then I have to go ahead and make the 300 mile trip home and hope for the best. Fun stuff.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:02 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by ABEC11SpeedMachine
The problem is that I don't have any where to fix it where I am. I am 300 miles from home at college, with not enough money to fix it. I have to wait to get home where a friend of mine works t shop and can do it for free. In the meantime I have to hope I get lucky and drive it very little. Then I have to go ahead and make the 300 mile trip home and hope for the best. Fun stuff.
I would see if you can find someone with a socket set to borrow. Find an empty parking space, jack up the car, pull the tire off, and unbolt the caliper. There is a possibility that the pad just slipped out. You might get lucky and be able to just pop it back in. More than likely the clip is missing or broken but at least you will know the problem.
If you wait to look at it, the repair will require new pads, rotor and possibly a caliper if it gets damaged as well.
Does the school have any kind of auto shop?
Maybe do a post to see if there is someone in the area you are at that can help you. I would do it but you are on the wrong coast

Quick Reply: What's Wrong with your Civic?