General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

wheel locks??????

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 04:44 PM
HCF Member
Default wheel locks??????

hey guys i just orders some new well lock for my new rims i was woundering how much yall know about mcgaurd wheels locks and how much wheel locks actually help against getting ur rims stolen?

Old 07-06-2007, 04:46 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: wheel locks??????

well from what i know every key for every wheel lock is the same, if a good theif wants it, chances are he probably has the key, but its better to have than to not, correct me if im wrong

Old 07-06-2007, 05:05 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well kinda..... some brand names have different codes for the keys... BUT hard part is buying a set that your neighbor cannt just go to pepboys and buy the same ones.LOL so ordering online is the best and IF you can order 2 different sets 2 locks for each rim.... will at least make it HARDER to steal... tho depends on which type your rims take as well.... tuner locks id say are ALOT harder to steal!!!!!!! cause if they dont get the right shape lock key then it will strip the inner head pattern right out...

AND on the other hand IF its the typical outter pattern lug nut but a LOCK lug nut.. those are very easy to steal!!! all they need is a striped bolt socket which can be bought at any autozone.... and might i say THOSE WORK GREAT for completly rounded off bolts!

all it is is a socket with some strong TEETH that grind into the metal and hold very hard... only thing is you have to use a hammer and air wrench... BUT anyone can have a portable air tank and tools... they just remove the regular lug nuts before making all the noise with the compressor....

BUT neither way can save your rims if they REALY WANT IT! they will get them if they have to steal your whole car on a trailer....
best way is full coverage insurnace and pictures of your rims instaled.... only way to TRUELY be securing your investment

Old 07-06-2007, 05:09 PM
Recognized HCF Member

No there are different keys, but it's only gong to slow down the thief some. Tell your insurance company about the custom wheels or they won't be covered if they get stolen or the whole car gets stolen. Unless you set up specific insurance (likely paying an extra premium) you're only covered for the value of your car with stock equipment.

Old 07-06-2007, 05:55 PM
Recognized HCF Member

thats why you take pictures and keep receites of everything!
its protecting your car... any part that is BOLTED to the car should be covered under your insurance!!!!!!
my old room mate got her car broken into and subs and amp stolen and since i took pictures of her system her insurnace company paid right out........

Old 07-06-2007, 09:08 PM
HCF Member

wow i ****!n hate having the most stolen car it sux i just dont want to walk outside and my car is sitting on blocks. well i guess if wheel locks slows them down then i guess its worth it so i can come outside with a bat and beat the **** out of them

Old 07-06-2007, 09:14 PM
HCF Member

they are worth it because they are rarer than conventional lug patterns (aka tire iron size)

Old 07-06-2007, 09:17 PM
HCF Member

and lets say i do get my rims stolen 1 day do i have to have full coverage to get them back of will the pip +liability do just fine

Old 07-06-2007, 09:21 PM
HCF Member

instead of asking all of these questions, answer me this:

-how much were your freaking rims if you're that worried?
-where do you usually park since you're so worried?

Old 07-06-2007, 10:31 PM

haha move away from a town where you wont get ur slab stolen hehe [sm=violent053.gif][sm=violent053.gif]

Quick Reply: wheel locks??????