General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Where to buy performance parts for new Si's?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 12:31 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Where to buy performance parts for new Si's?

ORIGINAL: BeitzelSi

Just wondering...

And I've wanted one for a while but someone told me the Cobalts were a lot faster... and I looked up some info on them... They come turbocharged @ 260hp!!!! No way a stock Si could take that.... I dont want to have a chevy walkin all over me.. their ugly as i dont know what too...

So what website as good performance parts and other accessories such as interior neon lights.....

1 more thing.. which has the bigger HP gain, Cold Ain Intake or Ram Air Intake...

[]
those 08 colbalts come turbocharged with 260hp, 0-60 right under 6 seconds. All other previous models are just slow. For your civic you can turbo it also, get a performance aftermarket header, short air intake, high flow cat, better exhaust, lower it(not just for looks), and other stuff, you choose.

Old 04-22-2008, 01:18 PM
HCF Member

Is there not a website that sells honda stuff... They gave me some but only for 2006 and lower models...

No sites that have the turbo kits, lowering springs, interior accessories..? Cant seem to find any...

Will putting a turbo/cai/exhaust and header on my car push it over 260 HP... It wont blow the engine will it.. I heard from someone the engine in civic's couldnt handle a turbo unless you worked on it a lot.

Old 04-22-2008, 02:11 PM
HCF Member

OH MY GOD!!!
Do your research man.
Your stock engine is only made to handle so much
If you take an outside component, such as a turbo, which is predicted to push out some significantly higher numbers
don't you think that just MAYBE you will need to upgrade your internals?
Read this forum over and you will be able to answer most of your own questions.
Click on a section, such as "Nitrous, Super Chargers, and Turbos" and read all of the topics and FAQs at the top of the section.
All the sections have this wonderful feature.
Read up man! Good Luck!

Old 04-22-2008, 07:54 PM
HCF Member

The engine in the cobalt will blow a lot faster than the civic if they are stressed too much with a turbo. But yeah like he said do your research, if you build up the motor, you can push a lot more pressure into the engine and it will be fine.