General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Where can I get a prepainted bumper

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 06:17 AM
HCF Member
Default Where can I get a prepainted bumper

My 16 year old sister, who had just got her license, was backing out of the driveway a couple weeks ago and had a little trouble. She was worried about hitting my dad's Odyssey so she wasn't paying attention to the other side of the driveway and hit my car. She didn't do a lot of damage but enough. The front bumper cover needs to be replaced but thats it. I got a couple quotes on having someone else replace it but they want $750 to do it and I'd rather not turn anything into insurance. I bought a new, painted bumper, on eBay but when it arrived it was in horrible condition. There are cracked mounts, the paint is cracked and scratched in many spots and there are many areas that look like they were never color sanded or buffed. So I'm looking for a new place to get the bumper from but I can't seem to find anywhere that sells them painted. I've googled it a million times and only come up with the place I bought it from on eBay. So does anybody know a place that I can get a new bumper cover, that is already painted. I have a 07 Ex Coupe.

Thanks for the help.

Old 08-22-2007, 11:30 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Where can I get a prepainted bumper

Try taking that bumper to a shop and see how much they charge you to fix it and paint it, then you can just install it yourself. Its not too hard to install

Old 08-22-2007, 12:19 PM
HCF Member

Can you post a picture of the damage?

You could also post in the WTB section. Someone might have the one you need. Just an idea.

Old 08-22-2007, 01:15 PM
HCF Member

I would take it some where to have the cracks and scratches fixed but some of the mounts are cracked pretty bad and I don't want to put it on my car, just for it to break in a couple weeks.

Here is the major damage that I'm concerned about:

Name:  crackunderheadlight01.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  89.0 KB

I'm worried that in the process of installing it, it will will break all the way off.

I'll check the B/S/T section.

Old 08-22-2007, 01:51 PM
gwl
HCF Member

Did you get from this Ebayer?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-P...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 08-22-2007, 01:59 PM

I am also interested in a prepainted bumper (rear) for a 98 Civic Coupe. I saw a couple interesting prepainted bumpers on ebay, but I don't think they'll get to me in good condition.

Old 08-22-2007, 02:09 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: shunut

I would take it some where to have the cracks and scratches fixed but some of the mounts are cracked pretty bad and I don't want to put it on my car, just for it to break in a couple weeks.

Here is the major damage that I'm concerned about:

I'm worried that in the process of installing it, it will will break all the way off.

I'll check the B/S/T section.
From what I can see I think you could epoxy that back together. However, I dont know how long it would last, but I know you could fiberglass it from the inside and it would last forever.

Old 08-22-2007, 02:27 PM
HCF Member

I've thought about using some plastic epoxy or doing some fiberglass, but I bought this brand new, it should have no damage to it and I shouldn't have to do anything but install it.

The eBaylink above is the same company I purchased this bumper from.

Old 08-22-2007, 02:30 PM
gwl
HCF Member

Did you try to return it and get another bumper? I was going to buy one for my 97.

Old 08-22-2007, 02:33 PM
HCF Member

I'm in the process of doing that. They requested pictures which I sent to them, but I haven't heard back. I'm just trying to have a back up plan and get this taken care of. I'm most likely getting rid of this car so I want it fixed as soon as possible so it doesn't depreciate much more.

Quick Reply: Where can I get a prepainted bumper