General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Where to get blach mesh?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 10:23 PM
Default Where to get blach mesh?

So, right now I have a huge section in my grille where I cut out the ugly stock grille, and want to put some black mesh in its place, but I don't want it to be ricey or anything, i want it to be conspi-cuous, but also making the car look a little better.
Where can I get some inexpensive black mesh locally? like at lowes or home depot or something?

Old 09-05-2008, 03:49 AM
HCF Member

Those would be the first places I'd check. lowes or something. See if they have any concrete mesh or something. I think I may have seen some at like an autozone or something before kinda rolled up like chicken wire. Or a paint store/ body shop would prolly have something for fiberglass repair.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:18 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well i dont think any place has anything black.... for my old truck i had i used a BBQ grill material from homedepo and painted it silver
and then it looked like crap because the cuts where so ruff so i bought some stuff off a website. i still got a chunk of it that i plan on using on my 96dx sometime.
but i cannt remember where i bought it from now. dang..... they had several different types of grill materials they sold. but i cannt for anything remember the name. it was ___products.com but i cannt remember the first initials for them
o hell ya i found it... google grill material and addiction2bass.LOL
http://74.175.101.66/dealer/items.asp?CartId={20B4C664-EVEREST4ED4-4ED6-9532-3F3371EAFA8C}&Cc=G-METAL

i used the large circle opening stuff. the other finer material is really fine and it does rust because ive got a sample piece in my dresser and it has surface rust on the dam thing already! i threw it away tho so no picture of it.

and supersized picture if you want to look at it closer.
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...E/5b0a1f34.jpg

Old 09-05-2008, 07:23 AM
HCF Member

addiction... hos is that front grill insert on the black civic.. i see they are very popular and pretty sleek looking.. where do u get them and how much are they and how do you like them... it looks good to me but hows fitment and whatnot and did u ever feel like changing it again

Old 09-05-2008, 08:22 AM
HCF Member

I believe he made it himself it is pretty damn easy

Old 09-05-2008, 09:19 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well my upper grill is OEM SI grill.
the lower one was a cheapie ebay thingn and fitment did suck.BUT i dont know if it is OEM fitment issue or the aftermarket bumper cover that is on my 99 or what not... i have no idea.... but i did have to trim the grill down alittle to make it fit and its still not that nice of a fit!

the cheap @ss grill to the left is not what im using.... i might use it on the 96dx but not sure how it fits yet since i havent tried. i bought it before i bought my oem SI grill and as soon as i bought that turd i found a SI grill afew days later and never tried to use it.LOL

Old 09-05-2008, 10:25 AM

thanks guys. addiction, I think i'll try that home depot BBQ grille material. I just want some cheap material, and I don't think the edges will matter for me, because I have already cut out the stock grille, so if I mount it from behind the bumper I don't think the edges will be visible.
Any idea how much the BBQ grille material was? And how big was it? Since i'm talking about doing the lower grille (only one i have) I'll need a kinda large piece.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:59 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well i was talking about the bbq ruff edges around every piece.... not just the edges! every cross section had a ruff edge! i wouldnt recomend it.LOL

Old 09-05-2008, 02:18 PM

oh, alright

Old 09-05-2008, 02:34 PM
HCF Member
Smile

Originally Posted by addiction2bass
well my upper grill is OEM SI grill.
the lower one was a cheapie ebay thingn and fitment did suck.BUT i dont know if it is OEM fitment issue or the aftermarket bumper cover that is on my 99 or what not... i have no idea.... but i did have to trim the grill down alittle to make it fit and its still not that nice of a fit!

the cheap @ss grill to the left is not what im using.... i might use it on the 96dx but not sure how it fits yet since i havent tried. i bought it before i bought my oem SI grill and as soon as i bought that turd i found a SI grill afew days later and never tried to use it.LOL
where can you buy an oem black si grill like the one in your black civic on the right man

Quick Reply: Where to get blach mesh?