General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

window trouble

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 08:54 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!
Default window trouble

So this past winter my window poped outa the tracks twice and after the first time we fixed it but broke the door pannel in like 3 corners and the second time i was able to just pop it back into place...my dad and i researched the problem and i guess in the 6th gens the windows always do that...anyone else ever have that problem or ever heard of it? if so how can i fix it and keep it from happening again? should i just do a thorough cleaning inside the door?

Last edited by Kenny-g; 04-18-2010 at 06:29 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:09 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

^ bump!

Old 04-17-2010, 06:59 PM
HCF Member

No idea.
All the windows I ever fixed were due to wear. I opened the door, and did a reverse engineering of how the mechanism worked, ran it a few times, and then pulled to get it to pop out.
Then fix accordingly, and I have added screws or fabricated clips or other things to better hold things in place.
That was on other cars.
If you open the door and replicate the problem you may be able to see what is going wrong.
Sometimes it's a broken bracket or missing screw that is allowing too much play.
Good luck.
dc

Old 04-18-2010, 06:31 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

So if the ones uve worked on always were do to wear and tear should i just replace the tracks in general? or would a thorough cleaning work?

Old 04-18-2010, 07:26 PM
HCF Member

I would try to diagnose what is doing it first. Look around and determine what is letting it come out. It may be obvious when you open the door (take off the door panel).
My recollection was that every one was a different problem.
dc

Old 04-19-2010, 01:40 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Okay well i did the first time it happened i took the door apart and it was just poping out of the track cause it wouldnt "curve" with it and just went straight down so im thinking it just did that either A.) cause it was cold and it didnt want to "curve" or B.) the track is just old and worn out or C.) the tracks need to be cleaned BAD! im not sure which it is tho.

Old 04-22-2010, 06:45 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

^ bump!!!

Old 04-24-2010, 08:30 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

B*u*m*p

Old 04-25-2010, 06:09 AM
HCF Member

I can't imagine anything further other than looking at it closely. Inspect or take a chance. By getting new parts, or something. Unless you can wiggle it and create the problem, then see what it is that is causing it.
I can't imagine if everything is intact, nothing is bent or broken, then it seems like it must be a worn track that lets the glass fall out.
dc

Old 04-25-2010, 06:23 AM
Recognized HCF Member

You can adjust the tracks by loosening the bolts and moving, as the bolt holes are slotted. Usually the problem is the regulator (scissor mechanism that raises the bottom of the window) is worn out and lets the window wobble from side to side.

Quick Reply: window trouble