General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Worst thing you have done to your civic

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 07:50 PM
HCF Member

I baha my winter one all the time and treat it like a 4x4 i took it where everybody takes their trucks to go on "trails"

Old 01-28-2010, 07:22 PM
HCF Member

Lets see. 1.I bought a body kit form a friend but never put it on and sold it. 2.I hit a Trailblazer right behind the drivers door doing about 50mph. ($6,700) damage. Insurace fixed it and i had the side skirts painted and had a Si front lips put on. 3.Hit a deer doing 55mph ($2,600) damage. Insurance fix it again. Had to replace the hood, bumper, Si lip, headlights and drivers fender again.
I still have the front bumper and the lip. Bumper needs repainted. I dont think its even cracked anywhere just missing the H in the grill. Im not sure why the even replaced it but i dont care. lol

Old 01-28-2010, 11:18 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by reaper2022
this'll be a long list

1) spending $485 on a fiberglass body kit
2) spending $150 on fibergass z3 fenders
3) driving around for 3 months with an upainted white kit and unpainted green fenders
4) spray-painting the body kit and fenders black
5) spending $160 on projector headlights (I'm not saying I don't love them, but that money could've been spent better elsewhere)
6) getting curb marks on my 17's two days after I got them... damn ******* that ran me off the road [:@]
7) Getting dual exhausts to match my kit
8) Being too lazy to take the duals off right away when I pulled the kit
9) Trimming my stock rear bumper to fit dual exhausts
10) Driving around with a stock-bodied civic with duals
11) The bright blue interior
12) Spending $90 on a 3D aluminum guage bezel
13) Spending $90 on fake aluminum interior trim
14) Buying aluminum pedal covers
15) The two sets of underligths I went through
16) Driving around with a fartpipe on stock tubing (and I still am )
17) Doing a s***ty tint job on the rear windows
18) Not doing rust repair as soon as I noticed my rust spots... which are now terribly rusted to the point that I had to zip-tie the sides of the rear bumper to the car
19) Ripping off my side moulding because I wanted to shave the mouldings... never really got around to actually shaving them
20) Spending $40 on a ricer light display (narrow-band air/fuel), $30 on a voltmeter, and $30 on a double-guage pillar pod
21) Wrecking it three times (me having too much fun and/or driving too fast all three times)
22) Cracking my ABS mugen-style front lip three times (same spot), supergluing it (and partially melting the plastic back together) each time, and finally shattering it.
23) Spending $90 on a rear lip that I didn't really need
24) Selling my almost-new DNX muffler (one from the duals) for like $30 when I paid $85 for it
25) selling a perfectly good set of streetglow underlights for $50
26) Doing donuts for 15 minutes until the cops showed up... ended up getting hit with a $107 careless driving fine
27) all the half-assed projects I started with the car and never finished
28) Not keeping half my stock parts (muffler, exhaust manifold, shift ****, etc)... now when I go to trade my car in, it won't be 100% stock, so I'm not going to get as much for it
29) Modifying an automatic

That's all I can think of right now

Hopefully I'll do a little better on the Integra if I get it [8D]

(by the way, if you do the math, that's just under $1200 I wasted on the car in things I can think of... I'm sure there's another $500 or so in things that I can't think of off-hand)

Sorry you guys had to see that
When I read this, my jaw hit the floor. Just so you know, Do it again and I'ma have to visit you. Show you the ways of The Punisher. =P

And everyone is blah-blahing about cupholders. I WAS the cup holder in my hatch. You luck bastards.

Old 02-26-2010, 06:02 PM
HCF Member

lol, well this is one thing i regret doing:

but i'm so glad i took them off!

Old 02-27-2010, 03:49 AM
HCF Member

Cheap a$$ paint job with no clear coat. I was so naive at 19. What's worse, a year later I learned of this place in Tijuana that paints cars for half the price and I've seen their work years later holding strong.

(Still occassionally slamming head on wall over this)

Old 02-28-2010, 07:37 AM

Luckily I found out about autox fairly soon after I got my car but somhow I managed to do a few dumb things...

- red spinner hub caps(more for fun than serious but still...)
- clear corners
- red neons under dash
- wal mart pedal covers and shift ****

I'm so glad I found racing as soon as I did, who knows what else I would have done...

Old 02-28-2010, 10:12 AM
HCF Member

I thought reaper's list would never end haha

Old 02-28-2010, 11:04 AM
Super Cereal Admin

It's only 29 things

At least it only took me a year of being stupid to realize I was being stupid and clean up the car. Learned my lesson, anyway

But in retrospect, if I started the car over again, it'd have been swapped to a manual first off, the z6 would've been built and cammed, it would've been boosted (GT3076r... none of this weak t3/t4 crap), had a fully built suspension (instead of just coilovers and a useless 2pt strut tower brace), and had a full interior (corbeau seats, harnesses, cage, etc).

Old 03-02-2010, 04:03 PM
August 2010 ROTM

Wait... Reaper, If you said the projector headlights were a mistake the first time around, then why did you do them again on the 'stang? Not saying they look bad, just curious.