General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

wut r the best cheapest performance mods?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 04:09 AM
Default wut r the best cheapest performance mods?

hey guyz i jus got a 05 lx coupe and i need to know wut r the highest quality performance mods for my car.

Old 02-15-2005, 09:00 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: wut r the best cheapest performance mods?

I cant tell you, sorry. I can tell you the best audio if thats the case. But to let you in on a secret... there are more high performance parts out there than you have DNA

Welcome to HCF! One of these other jokers will let you know check back on this thread.

Old 02-15-2005, 09:26 AM

Well To be honest dont waste your money. You have a brand new car, keep it that way, buy a older car and and build that you can get a old civic for cheap and just have it as a motor car. Thats what I would do cuase, as soon as you start moding your car it will never be the same... Now if you just dont care about your car and dont want a good trade in price when you dont like your car anymore, well you get the picture. sorry guys its the truth...

Old 02-15-2005, 10:50 AM

You have a brand new car, keep it that way, buy a older car and and build that you can get a old civic for cheap and just have it as a motor car
i dont agree with this, when you buy a car, you buy a car you want to mod so in that case, its not a waste of money buying mods, and with the mods you will actually like your car better "IF" modding is what your into.

second of all, it will cost you a lot mor money to buy another car, and then mod that car, that is a waste of money.

now to get to ur question, what do you consider cheap? an intake is probably one of the cheapest and first things you can do, and for a cold air intake it is $180. i dont know what your budget is, let us know and maybe we can help a little better.

Old 02-15-2005, 02:31 PM
HCF Member

if you have a manual tranny then consider some motor mounts. its not going to get you actual HP numbers, but for about $30 you will get a traction gain that is incredible and it will make your shifts alot cleaner. go to www.suspension.com to read some more about these.

Old 02-15-2005, 05:08 PM

Start off with an intake, it will make a better sound on acceleration, then if u wanna go cheap get a muffler at like autozone or something i suggest exhaust system for around $450 maybe u can have ur car soundin nice in an apexi n1 catback and then finish it off with a "HEADER" like dc sports... those are the basics... and use ebaymotors, just ask questions and buy from a seller with lots of good remarks...

Old 02-15-2005, 05:58 PM
HCF Member

and the buzzer says..ehhh wrong...

the intake is a good idea but the odds of u really feeling it are slim to none. best is does is help ur mpg. and dont ever just go buy a muffler...buying just a muffler will do u nothing and make the civic= rice % higher. you need atleast a cat-back system to have performance..and u really dont wanna go to autozone for that.. best motor mods are things like new exhuast( header,downpipe,test pipe)spark plugs,ecu,vavle head work,pullys and cranks, boring out things..

after that you get into motor swaps or F/I...

Old 02-15-2005, 08:41 PM

I dunno about your intake, but when I installed mine, I could definetly feel it.

Old 02-15-2005, 08:41 PM

all together i have about 2100. i want a the highest quality but cheapest stuff. yea and maybe sum stuff dress up parts too

Old 02-15-2005, 08:55 PM

Save up a little more and go F/I

Quick Reply: wut r the best cheapest performance mods?