General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

you guys with the d16y8

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 08:30 PM
Default you guys with the d16y8

i have a 2 door civic ex, i was just curious what you guys have done with your d16 engines performance wise?

Old 04-02-2007, 08:34 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: you guys with the d16y8

Just a CAI for me. I put a larger filter on it. Mainly I have been doing things to make it handle better before making it fast. I am gonna be supercharging though.

Old 04-02-2007, 08:39 PM
MTK

AEM V2 Intake and Apex'i GT Spec Cat Back Exhaust...

Hopefully turbo near the end of summer, or after the first semester of college...

Old 04-02-2007, 08:40 PM

My orig motor blew up, replaced it with another D16Y8...and as soon as I Get Paid More, I'm going to rebuild the other engine - just with upgraded parts...dunno what else yet tho.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:11 PM
HCF Member

College and criminal damaging hinder my progress more than I'd like, however these are upcoming:

short ram air intake (I live in Ohio, so monsoon season is a no go for full cold air w/o AEM adapter thing$$)
4-2-1 ceramic headers
high flow cat
full cat back exhaust (as quiet and incon****uous as I can get it so as not to attract unwanted attention)
short throw shifter

Beyond that, I'll focus on my handling:

Upper and lower strut bars front and back
upgrades all across the suspension system (maintain stock height if I can to keep the car looking normal)
good tires
bigger honda-made aluminum rims (again, keeping it incon****uous)

Old 04-02-2007, 09:12 PM
HCF Member

I'm doing i/h/e this summer then after I get more money (probably getting a summer job) I'm getting either a direct port nitrous kit or a wet kit from ZEX. Very most likely that it will be the direct port kit.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:32 PM
HCF Member

only header and intake here, ws2 exhaust on the way. No forced induction for me, hopefully a b by the end of summer.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:54 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Mr Mobsta Man

I'm doing i/h/e this summer then after I get more money (probably getting a summer job) I'm getting either a direct port nitrous kit or a wet kit from ZEX. Very most likely that it will be the direct port kit.
Why Nitrous? Save, Boost!

Old 04-02-2007, 09:58 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: johnny

ORIGINAL: Mr Mobsta Man

Why Nitrous? Save, Boost!
Once I'm done my setup will cost more than putting a turbo in.Three reasons, I can use regular gas when I'm not racing and it's as reliable as stock with normal wear until I hit the nitrous. Third would be for the show, look at my car, having a nitrous tank in the back in between two 12" subs on each side and then the system hooked up in the engine bay. It just fits my car better than a turbo does. Plus if I ever want to swap my engine or turbo later on I can still use my nitrous kit.

Old 04-02-2007, 10:39 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mybrokenblinker

only header and intake here, ws2 exhaust on the way. No forced induction for me, hopefully a b by the end of summer.
ws2 ftw!
i got NGK plugs, 9mm wire, cheap intake, World Sport 2 catback sys.

Quick Reply: you guys with the d16y8