General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Zc engine swap q's

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 05:46 PM
HCF Member
Default Zc engine swap q's

I was thinking of buying a dohc ZC engine/tranny from ebay. I have a 95 cx with a d15b7. Would the ZC engine and tranny fit in my engine bay without any mods? Would my stock axles and motor mounts work as well...? I was thinking since its a d series to d series swap, it wouldnt but im not completely sure.

Old 09-24-2007, 05:58 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Zc engine swap q's

yep on everything, you would not even need to rewire anything, plug and play but the ZC's dont exactly have any aftermarket support for the top end and I think foe just a little more money a B18A or a B20would be alot better option.

Old 09-24-2007, 06:25 PM
HCF Member

hmm... this makes me wonder... I'm running into a little bit of money here (nothing to sped my pay cheques on), and I was just looking around ebay. lolI'm not sure whatI want to do with it, but I want to keep spending to a minimum. I don't want to drop too much money into my car because I know im going to sell it in the next year or two. It all comes down to engine swap, save the money, or fix the rust. lol There's only two rust spots on my car over both rear wheels. Both spotsare through and through rust (the previous owner never fixed it before it got major) and the holes are about the size of 2 quarters each. There isnt rust anywhere else on my car but there... I got some quotes from autobody shops and they averaged apriceof 2 grand (maaco was 800 lol). If I drop in 2 grand for fixing the rust, it would increase the resale value on my car, but not up 2 grand. But a more powerful engine would increase resale value too, would it not? I'm not sure what I would like to do, but a zc swap would be nice (I miss driving a fast car lol). What would be the best thing to do in my situation?

It's about the same on both sides.

Old 09-24-2007, 06:37 PM
HCF Member

Best thing to do is have macco fix it, drive it, save gas, and then park it/use it has a daily-good gas milage car. The ZC is not going to make your car fast, neither is a b18 or b20

Old 09-24-2007, 06:55 PM
HCF Member

Faster. lol

Come to think of it I do enjoy the 35mpg city... lol
I just don't know if I want to take it to Maaco. I dont really know if its worth the money I'm saving to do a cheap repair...
Do u know of anyone thats used maaco before? and do they do a good job?

Old 09-25-2007, 07:04 PM
HCF Member

you get what you pay for, you go to macco and pay for a more expensive package and it gets done better