HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

1992 Civic Hatchback Overhaul

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 04:09 PM
HCF Member
Smile 1992 Civic Hatchback Overhaul

While my husband is in Army bootcamp, his father and I are totally redoing his car.

Name:  carbikeparts001.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  100.7 KB

Name:  carbikeparts002.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  93.0 KB

Name:  carbikeparts003.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  114.5 KB

Here is what we plan to do:

MOTOR

PAINT

RACING SEATS

SPOON STYLE MIRRORS

MUGEN STYLE FRONT LIP

SPOON STYLE WING

CUSTOM GLOW GAUGES

ROTA STYLE WHEELS

CROSS DRILLED AND SLOTTED BRAKES

STAINLESS STEEL BRAKE LINES

PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS

TAIL LIGHTS

I think that covers pretty much everything. We're going to paint the inside of the engine bay, the front lip and the rear spoiler all black.

Also, his mom and I are going to reupholster the back bench seat - His isn't in great shape but I can't find a decent price on a good looking, custom fit bench seat cover.

So. . . Any ideas? Feedback? Thoughts? Anything?

I'll start posting pictures as soon as we start!

Last edited by WellFedHobo; 02-21-2010 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Merged 4 threads into one project
Old 09-21-2009, 04:24 PM
HCF Member

Get black housing jdm style headlights or leave the OEM ones and get jdm style amber corner lights. Get 50/50 OEM tail lights. It will look much cleaner. Just order led lights to put in the cluster he already has.

If this post isnt just spam though.

Old 09-21-2009, 04:52 PM
HCF Member

sounds like a good plan you got going, but isn't yellow a bit flashy? i think you should leave the custom glow gauges off the list and as for the headlight i think amber corners and black housing headlight would look sweet and as for the tails, leave them oem, those look ugly. otherwise i think this would be a fun project

Old 09-21-2009, 05:12 PM
HCF Member

First off, no this isn't spam. I wouldn't take the time to write all that out if I wasn't for real. I don't really see why somebody would do that anyways. . .

Second, I have no idea what any of that means. Could you post a picture or a link to what you're talking about?

Originally Posted by Lewy2k
Get black housing jdm style headlights or leave the OEM ones and get jdm style amber corner lights. Get 50/50 OEM tail lights. It will look much cleaner. Just order led lights to put in the cluster he already has.

If this post isnt just spam though.

Old 09-21-2009, 05:18 PM
HCF Member

Right now the car is blue - Yellow is definitely flashy, but it's his favorite color and he has always talked about painting his car yellow. I've looked up pictures of his car in yellow and it actually looks pretty cool. It's either yellow or that coppery, gold color that later model civics came in - I think he would prefer the yellow tho.
As far as the gauges go, he said he wanted indiglo gauges but I couldn't find any for his car. I figured black gauges with yellow numbers would match nicely and they glow green at night (kinda like indiglo?).
And again with the headlights and tails, I don't understand - Pictures or a link would be greatly appreciated! HaHa! Sorry!

Originally Posted by sfazngiants
sounds like a good plan you got going, but isn't yellow a bit flashy? i think you should leave the custom glow gauges off the list and as for the headlight i think amber corners and black housing headlight would look sweet and as for the tails, leave them oem, those look ugly. otherwise i think this would be a fun project

Old 09-21-2009, 05:21 PM
HCF Member

Actually - I just found these HEADLIGHTS
Is this what you mean?

Old 09-21-2009, 05:47 PM
HCF Member

Sound sliek aplan and a nice deed, but id also say leave the taillights and black houseing headlights and yellow is bright, but it can look really good.

edit:he means something liek this. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-95...Q5fAccessories

Old 09-21-2009, 06:05 PM
HCF Member

Also - As far as the motor goes, I was told that it should basically be a direct drop in. I know I have to get new motor mounts and shift linkage and the AC compressor might not fit and will have to be moved - but other than that, are there any major changes that will need to be made?

Old 09-21-2009, 06:25 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by ArmyWifeCangi
Also - As far as the motor goes, I was told that it should basically be a direct drop in. I know I have to get new motor mounts and shift linkage and the AC compressor might not fit and will have to be moved - but other than that, are there any major changes that will need to be made?
axles, transmission and ecu. other small things. the head lights and amber corner lights look like this.
http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_i...0041_large.jpg
Stock looking stuff is cleaner and nicer looking IMO.
the tail lights that I have look like this but stock
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...988a57979e.jpg

Old 09-22-2009, 06:49 AM
HCF Member

The new motor setup that I'm getting comes with a transmission and ecu. That should work, right?
Now what about the axles? Do I need to get new ones? Or how does that work?

Originally Posted by Lewy2k
axles, transmission and ecu. other small things. the head lights and amber corner lights look like this.
http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_i...0041_large.jpg
Stock looking stuff is cleaner and nicer looking IMO.
the tail lights that I have look like this but stock
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...988a57979e.jpg

Quick Reply: 1992 Civic Hatchback Overhaul