HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Addiction2bass's Repair and Upgrade Project Civic 96DX

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 03:32 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default Addiction2bass's Repair and Upgrade Project Civic 96DX

my soon to be addition..
96civic coupe DX but 5speed manual.

of course alittle CRUNCHY. but main reason i bid on the car is for the 5speed so i could have EVERYTHING needed for a swap!

but still havent picked the car up yet. ill pick it up friday noonish.
after i pick the car up i have a big choice. either do the swap as planned OR just rebuild the front end with either 96-98 or update it with 99-00 front end and keep the DX i think it was AC but of course its crushed most likely but as long as most of its there i can fix it and get it working to blow cold air.

enough chat heres the pictures i got.

first off. let me be the first to say YES i got alittle rice on it to cook off.LOL

$700bucks...

Last edited by addiction2bass; 09-17-2008 at 11:03 AM.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:38 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: my soon to be addition. another civic

ive already got some 99 headlights, 99 front grill, and rear bumper for spare parts so i might just do a 99-00 swap if the car is actualy repairable...

anybody got a free carfax report
1HGEJ6169TL802625 just for kicks of course. i know its been in a wreck. LMFAO

Old 07-21-2008, 05:58 PM

i think you should put the manual in your 99, put the auto in the DX, fix the front end since you have some of the parts, de-rice it, and sell it. you might make money off it, and get a manual swap out of it.

Old 07-21-2008, 06:21 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: trustdestruction

i think you should put the manual in your 99, put the auto in the DX, fix the front end since you have some of the parts, de-rice it, and sell it. you might make money off it, and get a manual swap out of it.
+1 thats hella smart. $700 bucks WTF thats BANANAS

Old 07-21-2008, 07:13 PM
HCF Member

Nice, so only the hood and the front is messed up? hows the bottom of the car?

Old 07-21-2008, 07:50 PM
HCF Member

if you are looking at replacing the front end just make sure that there are no wrinkles or bends in the sheet metal other than on the front core support. I see this commonly under the factory airbox, and the corresponding spot on the driver side right behind the headlights. If the only damage (out of the supports)is the core support, then get a new one on there and you're good to go if you just want to fix it.

Old 07-22-2008, 04:36 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMenB9Ywh2Q

Old 07-22-2008, 06:04 AM
HCF Member

Not a bad deal, but I think everyone knows it's a HONDA, they didn't need to side sticker... Unless that gives you 5 more horses. As long as nothing else is wrong with it, other than sheetmetal, you could turn a profit.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:03 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ya no da there.LOL hes got HONDA on both sides and also on the back window.LOL
ive also got a extra set of 99 outter taillights as well. well actualy only missing the drivers inner taillight definatly razor blade all the stickers off the day i get it home! and then start inspecting the damage. first thing im gonna do is work on the car to get it runing and driving so i can inspect the cars drivetrain out fully before i start pulling much off the car... from the looks so far its very fixable. ill do my best to straighten everything out. tho i might keep the manual tranny in the car till next year... i just want to be sure that the tranny is in good condition before i go start pulling both the cars apart to do the swap and if i can get the AC working it will definatly be a keeper! thats the only reason i sold my old 94ex since it didnt have AC.

i got high hopes now that ill have 2 civics driving again. just have to first get the car then start searching local junk yard for cheap body parts... or maybe buy new parts. not to sure yet.... all depends how bad she is really damaged!
i know i really wanna throw them gears again![sm=gears.gif]

Old 07-22-2008, 12:28 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Well, obviously the frame in front is going to need cut out and replaced... I'm not sure you can hammer out that kind of damage lol...

I say just part it out after converting your 99 to manual... but then again, thats probably just because I want to do an EK lower dash/center console conversion lol

Quick Reply: Addiction2bass's Repair and Upgrade Project Civic 96DX