HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   HCF Project Section (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/hcf-project-section-63/)
-   -   AhxHourt's Project EK9 (00 Civic Dx) (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/hcf-project-section-63/ahxhourts-project-ek9-00-civic-dx-85050/)

AhxHourt 09-01-2010 06:13 PM

AhxHourt's Project EK9 (00 Civic Dx)

6 Attachment(s)
I Bought this car mid august i didnt take a picture when i bought the car so all i have is this one with my bros old rims i threw on (RS-GT Aerospeed) They 17's but im gonna replace it later on in my project with 16's.
[This civic was completly stock inside and out it was in great condition]
Attachment 9726

Type-R Lip and Grill
Attachment 9727

Type-R Rear Lip
Attachment 9728

JL Audio Side Speaker(Purchasing rear ones later) and 12inch w0(300 Watts)Sub and Sony Xplod Cd Player [It Bumps Real clean].
Attachment 9729Attachment 9730Attachment 9731

Getting alot more things done tomorrow! So Stick Around!:D

Kenny-g 09-01-2010 07:03 PM

Dang very nice...u said you wana get 16's...any idea what?

NIKE H34D 09-01-2010 07:09 PM

Your car isn't an EK9, just an FYI.

I hate that front lip on a hatchback. Car looks stock though, welcome to the site :D

Pleas paint the grill asap, looks extremely ghetto when left black. Lips and side skirts would be a lot better painted too, especially that front.... stands out way too hard.

Engelhonda37 09-01-2010 07:18 PM

Get those rims that trust has, lol JK kenny =P

AhxHourt 09-01-2010 07:55 PM

The rims im planning on getting is the Buddy Club p1 Racing SF Matte Black thats gonna have to wait till spring.(since i live up north [Snow])

And im waiting on the paint because im planning on painting the car more of a dark gray. But ill probly just paint the grill for now cuz its buggin me too.

What motor you guys think i should get? H22a or B18c
I really want the h22a but ppl say its to heavy but it does have more torque and power.

NIKE H34D 09-01-2010 08:18 PM

The weight is NOT a factor, so go from there.

I really think the P1's look a LOT better in 15's instead of 16's............ Just a though for ya :D

I am a fan of the wheels though.

SPLAT 09-02-2010 02:28 AM

The Buddy club P1's are nice, but the motor, i would go with B16b.... just because you want to build a CTR clone.

Kenny-g 09-02-2010 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Engelhonda37 (Post 733584)
Get those rims that trust has, lol JK kenny =P

A**HOLE! just playin', we already had that discussion bud dont bring it back :D
lmao

AhxHourt 09-02-2010 05:47 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Yea i think i might consider into getting 15's im planning on putting Skunk2 throughout the whole suspension and chassis but thats later in my project. and i think im goin to stick with the h22 cuz my cuzin is getting an EG and he gonna put a B16 in his. Gonna see which one is better on the track =P (Maine Freeway)

Alryte so today was a busy day.

Got tints on i got home late so it was getting dark ill update the pic tomorrow its 20% all around.
Attachment 9714Attachment 9715
Installed My HID's (10k)
Attachment 9716Attachment 9717

Got home after i got my tints and my AEM intake came in!! [This is all im going to do to the motor for now cuz theres no point of fixin up the motor if im gonna drop in another one, probly paint the VC]
Attachment 9718Attachment 9719
(Love the sound) Deep tone rowr*. I prefer the sound of intake than the exhaust.

Thats all i did for today. Its gonna be going slow now since i got everything that i wanted so far. besides for the tein s-tech springs. wish it had a more drop to it =[. I already installed the front springs but not the rear because my bro tried loosening the lower control arm bolt and it snapped so we will be workin on that tomorrow and i will take pics and post hopefully.

Kenny-g 09-02-2010 06:01 PM

Aah...i dont like tint just a personal thing. I prefer no tint amd plan on removing mine asap. But this quick progress is good, nice to see it. Keep it up man!

AhxHourt 09-02-2010 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Kenny-g (Post 733699)
Aah...i dont like tint just a personal thing. I prefer no tint amd plan on removing mine asap. But this quick progress is good, nice to see it. Keep it up man!

I like tints because ppl try so hard to look whos driving the car lol and i can look at them without them knowing im watchin them. LOL and i think it looks really nice.

I looked through ur project and did u install springs or suspensions yet? if ur gonna get springs i dont prefer getting the teins because its not the drop u woud expect (not that low). try getting the Eibach or Skunks.

Ill try to post up a pic tomorrow on the difference from before. not as droped as i thought it would be.

sfazngiants 09-02-2010 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by AhxHourt (Post 733697)
Gonna see which one is better on the track =P (Maine Freeway)

I hope thats the name of a race track and not public roadway.

AhxHourt 09-02-2010 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by sfazngiants (Post 733704)
I hope thats the name of a race track and not public roadway.

its a public roadway but its a roadway thats not busy, never any cars at night. not even the police. i think ppl scared to drive on that freeway at night cuz theres no lights and its always quiet.

WellFedHobo 09-02-2010 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by NIKE H34D (Post 733577)
Your car isn't an EK9, just an FYI.

Agreed, EK9 is the Type R.

Look at your VIN. It should be something like 1HGEK(x).... or 2HGEK(x)... where the EK(x) is your actual type.

KingDakota12 09-02-2010 07:13 PM

Hey good to see the car modding is underway and I love tint on a car and the tint and headlights looks great!

AhxHourt 09-02-2010 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by WellFedHobo (Post 733717)
Agreed, EK9 is the Type R.

Look at your VIN. It should be something like 1HGEK(x).... or 2HGEK(x)... where the EK(x) is your actual type.

alright thanks ill look tomorrow.

AhxHourt 09-03-2010 05:24 PM

Anyone know if i get an Si/Type r Gauge Cluster do i need all the wiring harness and stuff to? or is it just basic plug n play from my wires i have now?

AhxHourt 09-03-2010 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by AhxHourt (Post 733815)
Anyone know if i get an Si/Type r Gauge Cluster do i need all the wiring harness and stuff to? or is it just basic plug n play from my wires i have now?

Nvm i got it Installing you gauge cluster

Kenny-g 09-04-2010 08:02 AM

No i dont have any suspension onn my car. Still trying to get most everything back to stock. The only thing i have left is the tails back to stock. Then ima hopefully get my exhaust redone then can start with the lips, grilles, replacement bumpers, new hatch door, etc ha

SPLAT 09-04-2010 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by AhxHourt (Post 733815)

Plug n play.

Why dont you go with the H2B kit?

AhxHourt 09-04-2010 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by SPLAT (Post 733899)
Plug n play.

Why dont you go with the H2B kit?

Thats kinda pricey i rather just stick with the h22 tranny instead. hopefully i can start with my swap next summer!

AhxHourt 09-04-2010 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Kenny-g (Post 733860)
No i dont have any suspension onn my car. Still trying to get most everything back to stock. The only thing i have left is the tails back to stock. Then ima hopefully get my exhaust redone then can start with the lips, grilles, replacement bumpers, new hatch door, etc ha

Wat kind of springs do u have? Cuz im lookin at ur sig and thats slammed lol. looks nice.

AhxHourt 09-04-2010 07:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Heres a better picture of my tints
Attachment 9696

And better picture of my engine bay. Cuz the other one i took at night.
Attachment 9697

For some reason my phone makes the HID's REALLY bright and it doesnt look nice. Would a Camera would do the trick? iono but oh well.

Hopefully me and my dad can finally put in the rear springs tomorrow. Once we get the broken bolts out.

AhxHourt 09-04-2010 08:01 PM

BTW when i took the pic of the tints my rear was on jacks thats why it looks high. lol.

KingDakota12 09-04-2010 09:06 PM

Hey the window tint looks great! You should paint your VC like I did it makes that engine bay look 100% better and it's not that much work at all!

AhxHourt 09-04-2010 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by KingDakota12 (Post 733915)
Hey the window tint looks great! You should paint your VC like I did it makes that engine bay look 100% better and it's not that much work at all!

Yea i was thinkin about doing that later when i go back up to maine. I was wonderin how did u do ur steps cuz i see the white HONDA. im planning on painting my HONDA red and VC black. Did u tape up the letters after u painted it white then paint the whole VC. Or VC first and letters after? or like i saw on the forum. someone said put vaseline on the letters after u paint it.

KingDakota12 09-04-2010 09:58 PM

Ok this is the DIY I used and I did all these steps exactly like they did: http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=6326
All You need is: Self-Etch Paint, Black high temp engine enamel paint, clear enamel paint, and all the different grits used in the DIY.

Kenny-g 09-06-2010 12:38 PM

Sorry for the confusion bud, i dont have anything done to my car suspension wise. Like my car is completely stock (minus the ugly aftermarket tails). Nike just made me a cool sig out of nowhere haha i wish my car was that low hell id actually wanna keep it then haha but thats a whole nother story.

AhxHourt 09-07-2010 07:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Alryte so today i just got a 98 Integra Gsr Rear Disc Brakes here are the pics, ive read around already about they would fit on my civic but just making sure do they? and how much u think this is worth? I got these for really cheap how much u think these cost? illgive u the price i got for it after you give me a price.

Everything was included besides the brakes and rotors.
Attachment 9658

Attachment 9659
Iono wat this is but he told me i would probly need it? Its called a prop valve.

Scott53092 09-07-2010 08:19 PM

$100 for the set? That's usually what they go for around here, gsr/ls are the same disc size, si and Del Sol ones work too. You'll need 99-00 si ebrake cables since the teggy ones are different. You'll also need 99-00 si brake lines as well. You need a 40/40 proportioning valve, I don't remember what the gsr valve is but the 99-00 si is 40/40. It'll be a pretty straighforward swap and will look a lot better behind rims.

http://www.b20vtec.com/forums/suspen...pplicable.html

SPLAT 09-08-2010 01:52 AM

The 96-00 civic Cx-Si prop valve are all the same, so dont worry about that.

The ebake cables are something you are going to need.
96-00 Ex or Si, same part number.

Around here in N.Y., people are selling this type of set up for about $150 - $200.

Scott53092 09-08-2010 10:30 AM

Ebrake cables are the same...? I thought the ebrake cable for the drums on Ex didn't work with discs. And ti jus has to be a 40-40 prop valve. He has a dx so either way he has to get a prop valve. And like I said I'm not sure on what the gsr prop valve is, so best bet is to buy a cx/si one.

AhxHourt 09-08-2010 05:38 PM

Alryte so i got it for 85$ and i looked on the forum [Scott53092] gave me and i dont need to change the ebrake cables or the prop valve. the e brake cable i just gotta re adjust it cuz its a lil longer then the SI ones. and the prop valve i can just move it to a diff spot and it should fit. and i can only use one bolt to screw on.

Wat i need is a diff brake line. and a Integra Master Cylinder. other then that i should be fine. I probly would get a Si Prop valve so it fits perfect. but i dont need to change the E Brake line.

Scott53092 09-08-2010 08:32 PM

I don't think you need the master cylinder, your pedal will just be a lil softer.

AhxHourt 09-09-2010 07:24 AM

Yea but i dont like my brakes to be soft. i want it to be like my bros evo. which is really stiff.

SPLAT 09-09-2010 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Scott53092 (Post 734321)
Ebrake cables are the same...? I thought the ebrake cable for the drums on Ex didn't work with discs. And ti jus has to be a 40-40 prop valve. He has a dx so either way he has to get a prop valve. And like I said I'm not sure on what the gsr prop valve is, so best bet is to buy a cx/si one.

Sorry your right about the cabels.

But the prop valve is fine, i still have my stock Cx one for my 5 lug.

AhxHourt 09-09-2010 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by SPLAT (Post 734480)
Sorry your right about the cabels.

But the prop valve is fine, i still have my stock Cx one for my 5 lug.

Which means i can still use me DX prop valve? or should i jsut use my GSR prop valve? and what kind of brake line should i use? a SI brake line?

SPLAT 09-10-2010 12:25 PM

The prop valve is fine.

Since your doing this swap, you should upgarge your brake lines (99-00 Si)

I used Goodridge brake lins, you really feel a diff.

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brand...rand=Goodridge

Scott53092 09-10-2010 12:50 PM

You have to get 99-00 si brake lines no matter what, can either go to like napa and get rubber ones or stainless doesn't really matter, stainless are overkill unless you are racing but the price difference might not be huge...

AhxHourt 09-11-2010 02:57 PM

Alryte thanks for the advice. Ill be purchasing the 99-00 Si brake lines. and gonna be getting the acura master cylinder also. and i think thats it. ill probly be getting that installed late oct. Monday my Skunk2 LCA are coming in so im finally gonna be able to install my Stech Springs!! so pics should be up late monday. or probly tues.