HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Apostle's R18 Turbo Charged 08' Civic LX

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 09:41 PM
HCF Member
Default Apostle's R18 Turbo Charged 08' Civic LX

Hey Guys,

Well I was stupid and put my exhaust on robbing me of low end hp and tq. What's the solution? Go ahead and put the turbo on! So, I'm ordering my TSI Kit and will be installing when I get it. I hope it works properly. I have a tuner lined up and hopefully I won't get the problems that others have. Any tips suggestions you have will be appreciated.

Old 08-22-2008, 07:30 AM
HCF Member

Okay. Turbo Kit is officially ordered! Yikes, $3,300. It better be worth it. But I know it will. So if I get in this week, I will be installing over the holiday weekend.

Also I ordered this boost gauge. 0-23 PSI with a memory funciton.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:21 AM
HCF Member

you might want to get some more gauges like oil temp, pressure, look into them they can be very helpful when problems occur, and gl with the build, you going for a sleeper look with no rims?

Old 08-22-2008, 10:27 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by croninc
you might want to get some more gauges like oil temp, pressure, look into them they can be very helpful when problems occur, and gl with the build, you going for a sleeper look with no rims?
Not by choice lol. I'll get better rims later. I just don't want to spend the money on them right now. I'de rather upgrade performance. But that will probably the first thing I do in the spring(and after I pay off the turbo kit). Plus I still haven't found rims I really like and that are lighter. Plus it will be winter soon anyway. I might as well wait till the next nice driving season.

Old 08-22-2008, 05:01 PM
HCF Member

maybe a wideband, definitely some gauges, boost, EGT, oil pressure, and wideband are all helpful. Make sure to not cheap on the tune, i'm sure the '08 engine is in good condition, i say go for it and don't go all out til she's tuned and theres no leaks in any piping or hoses

Old 08-22-2008, 07:55 PM
Snail'n Admin

I have heard nothing but bad stuff about that kit. Let us know how it works out

Old 08-22-2008, 11:27 PM
HCF Member

It seems like they solved all the problems with the kit. And the procivic guys were pretty cool. They called me up after I ordered to talk about the kit and installation. And they will help me out. The only real problem is the base map possible. But I think I will be able to manage and I am not chincing out on the tune. I've got a good guy in chicago lined up. I'll let you guys know when I get the kit next week. It should be in on labor day weekend and then I'll make a video and post it on youtube for all to see.

Old 08-23-2008, 02:15 PM
HCF Member

are you installing yourself? and how far away from the tuner do you live? and do you have another car? All things to think about if your doing it yourself because you might run into some serious problems

Old 08-23-2008, 03:25 PM
HCF Member

I have 4 days to work on it. I live like 30 minutes form the tuner. My girlfriend has a civic too, (unmodded) We basically live together and we're in school together. So I'll be fine if I have to let the car sit for another week or more. So I think I should be okay. And I'm just crossing my fingers that when I start it the first time, it runs half way decent. Maybe I'll get lucky and it will work real well.

A guy on 8th civic got his to work real well without the tune. And he was in Ohio which is slightly higher elevation than where I am in Illinois. So I'm hoping the similar atmospheric conditions will also allow me to use the base map decently. I'll post pics and vids during the process.

Old 08-23-2008, 06:21 PM
HCF Member

get a wideband if your running on basemap, keep those a/f's under 15 to be safe... i turbod my car bud, its been down for four months... get ready for some punishment. you shoulda got a kit from somewhere else, procivic is pricey as heck.

get me a link to that kit, i want to check it out

Quick Reply: Apostle's R18 Turbo Charged 08' Civic LX