HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Bcivic's budget turbo build thread

Old 02-16-2009, 02:11 PM
HCF Member
Default Bcivic's budget turbo build thread

Well its finally time to start my build thread. I have ordered most of the parts today and last week just waiting for them to come in. The actual build will start in two weeks cause I am in college and that is a week off for spring break. -- so pics will have to wait awhile unfortunately as well.
The car is a 97 civic dx doesnt look the best right now but I may try to make it look stock again except for the exhaust after the build.
The engine is a second gen jdm b16a with lsd and the compression test checked out this weekend with 235-240 across the board.

So the goals are 250whp on the street and close to 300whp for the track and to get it nicely into the 12s.

So I already have a strong stage 3 clutch works well for the money and its installed been driven a bit but should hold up.
I am tuning Crome Pro and I am still working on chipping the ecu might finish that this weekend if I have time. -- so il street tune til this summer and finish it off on the dyno.

The parts i already have are all the tuning software, emulator wideband lc1 and mbc
I have on order the piping intercooler bov, cast mani, wastegate and downipipe.
I also ordered today a bullseye t3/t4 .55A/R 57 trim from goautoworks and a stealthmode oil line kit
I got a walbro intank 255lph fuel pump 680cc peak and hold precision injectors and a chip burner. all from xenocron
And finally i ordered a autometer carbon fiber boost guage and jaz breather tank from jegs.

The injectors and turbo are large so that i can have something that will take more power when i build the block in the future maybe this summer.
Feel free to comment any insight would be great.

Old 02-21-2009, 07:17 PM
HCF Member

The turbo , manifold, intercooler and piping, bov, wastegate, jaz oil breather tank, autometer boost guage, resistor box for injectors are all in. I am still waiting on my injectors and fuel pump as well as my downpipe plugs hardware, tunerview and oil pressure guage and more to come in, or for me to buy and i will get pics up of what i have as soon as possible.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:23 PM
HCF Member

looks good, cant wait to see the pics

Old 02-22-2009, 01:34 PM
HCF Member

Sounds like a plan.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:15 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by croninc
looks good, cant wait to see the pics
Thanks I took some today but had a problem loading them to my thumb drive and I am back at school so I only have a few random pics but it will do for now.

Originally Posted by SPLAT
Sounds like a plan.
Thanks hope to get this project started soon

Originally Posted by denice25
sounds interesting.. don't forget to post some pics! can't wait to see them!
Thanks I will get some as soon as I can.

Old 05-31-2009, 12:45 PM
HCF Member

So the build is nearly complete the car has been driven even into boost and I am very impressed with the results. I have yet to do any full boost pulls into vtec but I am impressed how quick the boost is made and the insane pull it starts getting even at around 5000rpm. Still havent got any pics uploaded but i am still working out the tune and some other adjustments before its done. I hope to get it on a dyno and get some numbers but im guessing 250whp will easily be accomplished with what I have seen so far. And one other modification I have made was putting in a dc2 guage cluster replacing the stock one. Im still waiting on getting a stock front bumper and grill because I am currently running none just a large intercooler and the open down pipe for now til I get a larger exhaust So I hope to get some pics up next week just havent had time lately.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:07 PM
HCF Member

Build Thread \ Not Even 1 Pic?

Old 05-31-2009, 03:37 PM
Recognized HCF Member

no pics WTF!!!

Old 06-03-2009, 08:22 AM

yeah pics would be nice.

Old 06-03-2009, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by bcivic
So the build is nearly complete
Originally Posted by NIKE H34D
Build Thread \ Not Even 1 Pic?
And it's also the fact that the build thread hasn't even breached 2 pages and yet it is basically done.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bcivic's budget turbo build thread