HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Burnin's Civic fix/build thread!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 03:40 PM
Default Burnin's Civic fix/build thread!

Ok, so i don't actually plan on doing anything until this spring/summer and just throwing out my plans for what i am going to do to it.

Brakes:
Front/Rear rotors
EBC brake pads
new OEM brake lines
Engine:
AEM SRI
Complete Tune-up, Plugs,wires,cap,rotor, fuel filter.
Oil Pan Gasket
Valve Cover Gasket
(maybe) Head Gasket
Cooling System flush/Fill
Body:
Remove SI wing
Replace Driver's window
(maybe) take out rear window so i can razor blade the tint off and fix the defrost grid.

Maintenence: Change oil,tranny,coolant, brake and clutch.

This stuff is if i can accumulate enough money over the summer
Suspension:
Koni adjustables with GC springs
Skunk2 Pro Series+ camber kit (Do i need this?)
SKunk2 Lower Contral Arms (and this?)

These suspension parts, im still not sure if i want/need them and which type of coilovers i should go for..but mine are pretty sure EBAY...

Password:JDM EK 96-98 SiR front conversion which includes; bumper, headlights, fenders
http://passwordjdm.com/JDM-EK-96-98-...P1404C164.aspx
and also get JDM 96-98 EK foglights to go with the conversion.
EK4 Lip kit

Last edited by burnindesirez02; 02-18-2010 at 06:54 AM.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:02 PM

Yay! Project threads are awesome! You should post up a recap of you car so we all are on the same page with everything. Sucks you're not doing the front end conversion right now, I would be buying those fog bezels off of you.

Where do you plan on getting your brake lines from? J/w

Old 02-16-2010, 06:16 PM

Hah yea i am hoping to do that conversion if i have enough money...Trust me you don't want my fog bezels...the guy made his own hole in them to screw into the bumper! I might have another set at my house in NY. But as for the brake lines i really don't know, what would you recommend? And i will definately get a recap up...i plan on taking new pictures tomorrow of it...

Old 02-16-2010, 06:21 PM

I have no clue about the brake lines... that's why I was asking! lol

If you have an extra set of fog bezels, I'll buy them off of you. I only need the bezel that screws into the bumper, no lights, wiring, bracket, etc. Let me know if you can find them.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:29 PM

Actually Password:JDM has a set of brake lines but ill have to look around and compare prices...yea ill let you know about those fog bezels...I think the set that aren't are the car are grayish color, but not sure

Old 02-17-2010, 12:30 PM

Here are current pictures of my car...Its pretty dirty from sitting in the drive way for the last 2 weeks.

I know its dirty

I need to change filter and clean battery terminals

Last edited by burnindesirez02; 02-17-2010 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:55 PM
Super Cereal Admin

I'm going to add to your plans for you

-OEM EK4 front lip
-Painted engine bay
-Partial wire tuck
-PW:JDM bolt washers
-Moar low

If you're looking for front rotors that look good and perform at least as well as stock, check out Summit Racing's in-house rotors. I think I paid just under $300 for all four on my old EJ1 and they looked pretty aggressive:

Name:  brakes.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  55.3 KB

As far as your coilovers, what exactly do you want out of them? I've heard extremely good things about D2 coilovers from the slammed crowd.

Old 02-17-2010, 02:06 PM

hah thanks Reap...i was actually going to ask if anybody else had any good ideas...but right now i can't go too much lower...i live on West Point, which has barracades i have drive over to get off post and to go to work, so if it was much lower my car would definately scrape on them...I do wanna do a painted engine bay, but don't have the supplies like engine hoist and garage. I need a DIY for a partial wire tuck because i have no clue how to do that, haha...but for coilover i just really want the adjustability yet have a smooth ride, I don't want to slam my car. Those rotors don't look bad, and the price doesn't seem bad either but i was looking at EBC brakes on Summits site can get all 4 rotors for 220ish plus about 120 for EBC Greenstuff pads for all around. Im still trying to get ideas together on exactly what brand i would be looking for. So im open to ideas...plus the EK4 lip looks nice thats what i want, the stupid lip i have now is way to big and bulky, looks like Sh*t...

Old 02-17-2010, 02:47 PM
Super Cereal Admin

I'll see if I can't dig up some DIY's on wire tucking. You're probably not going to find a "take this harness and move it here" type deal, since most people are pretty secretive about how exactly they route their wires to hide them, but most guides at least give you a good idea of what you'll have to do as far as de-pinning and re-pinning connectors. Are you comfortable with soldering?

With the paint, I'd see if I couldn't find someone who has a garage and someone who has a hoist. I think you might be able to rent a hoist somewhere, but you'll definitely want a garage or shed to pull the engine and paint the bay in.

And I haven't heard much about D2's as far as ride comfort; only that they're great for slamming. That's not to say they're not comfortable, I honestly don't know. For the price of MR, you could probably get the standard KONI/Ground Control combo. With Ground Controls, you can custom-order spring rates, so you could definitely get a fairly comfortable ride out of them.

Old 02-17-2010, 03:04 PM

Actually ive tried soldering once before and i suck at it...I know Advance sells hoists, i think ive seen one there before for about 100 dollars or so. Yea definately need a garage to paint, but see where i live in NY its all Military and they don't really have sheds, just car ports, the only people with garages are higher ranks, like Officers and Generals. I can't really find any place with Konis/ground control system combos. The D2's price isnt bad, I might go between D2 and Skunk Pro S...just need to know ride quality in them.

Quick Reply: Burnin's Civic fix/build thread!