HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Cvcrcr's project/fix-up thread (version 1.1)

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 02:18 PM

The sawzall is my best option I would think. However, it started cutting into the hub slightly and I just backed off with it. The dremel's cutting wheel only goes in so far before the center portion bumps into the hub itself. I will go back out there after I put the little one to sleep tonight. He just got home.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:00 AM

Finally I got the stud out. I ended up removing the front end body panels (basically only for the fender), and I was then able to get a sawzall in there for a better angle.

Once removed, I tried putting the replacement stud in the area. It will not go in. At least 50% of the stud itself would have to be removed in order for it to "slip" by the hub. The car be taken to the local firestone to have the front hub removed, new stud installed, bearing greased and the hub pressed back together.

Old 11-30-2010, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
^^$800 isnt bad. But then you have to factor in all of the little things like tuning, possibly injectors, etc. I picked up mine for $650 originally, but ended up spending an extra $400 or so on little things to get it running 100% (not including tuning as I already had the s300 at that point)

Anyways, the BBS wheels are gone. They were nice for time I had them, but it was time for something different and I had a feeling one of the bent were slightly bent, or "flat spotted". Regardless, they will be missed.

I meet up with a guy in Quakertown (1/2 way point) and traded for a nice set of polished GSR blades. The only thing wrong with them is the clear coat on the center caps is starting to come off and one wheel has a little scratch from being laid down on it's face for a second. That will be sanded and buffed out with no problem. Not worried about the center caps as I want Honda ones, not Acura ones.

Pics tonight after I install them

What happened to these?

Old 11-30-2010, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by NoDivaChic
What happened to these?
Never installed the new stud. Once that happens, pic will happen. And I am waitin' on my g/f to take some pictures since her camera equip. is baller status

Old 11-30-2010, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
Never installed the new stud. Once that happens, pic will happen. And I am waitin' on my g/f to take some pictures since her camera equip. is baller status
Damn. Your girlfriend is willing to take pics of your car? Lucky. Is she into cars, too? If so, lemme get her number.

Old 12-05-2010, 02:01 PM

^^ Sounds good! Yup! My girl is down with the car scene and the whole picture thing. I wouldn't have it any other way

Still have yet to fix the stud. :O

Anyways, I have been thinking a lot about things and I reeeeeaaaalllly want to move out and continue with my life (and not have to worry about the car anymore). If I continue working on the car, at this rate, I wont be done until like 2012. haha. Debating whether or not to continue with the z6 build or not. That is the biggest thing holding me back from completing the car (besides paint, but that is a definite need). We will see what happens I guess.

Hit a massive puddle/lake in the middle of the road a few days ago and definitely took in some water since the motor started to bog down. Water everywhere, in the fuse box, distributor, motor, everything. Let everything sit, flushed the oil out and everything is running fine now.

Since the cold is setting in again, everything in the car/engine bay is starting to rattle around more and more. There is a noise (almost like a bearing going bad) around the A/c compressor/tensioner when I hit certain rpm areas, too.

Old 12-18-2010, 06:15 AM

Nothing going on with the car. After a week of 10 F weather (lower with the wind chill), it finally snowed the first time this season and the salt trucks started coming through town. Yuck. The car is now coated in about 3 layers of salt

Hopefully, I will be able to wash it today and give you guys some pics of the "new" wheels!

Old 12-18-2010, 10:12 AM
HCF Member

SWEEEET! in for pics.
yeah it sucks, we just got 6 inches of snow last night.. and its supposed to snow untill wednesday. =/

Old 12-31-2010, 07:36 AM

Yea, I'm lazy with the pictures. LOL. Just washed the car real quick yesterday and snapped some pics in a random parking lot.

Name:  123010-GSRBlades1.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  49.4 KB

Name:  123010-GSRBlades3.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  52.3 KB

Name:  123010-GSRBlades4.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  50.4 KB

Name:  123010-GSRBlades5.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  49.4 KB

And just for lulz :P

Name:  123010-QuitHatinSticker.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  22.2 KB

Also, my CEL came on the other day and I found out it was my IAT sensor. Apparently, the wires on the back were cut at the plug somehow. Fixed the wiring, re-pinned the plug and the CEL went off. Well, 2 min of driving later, CEL is back on and the car will not rev above 3200rpms. I am assuming it is still in limp mode for something. I plan on checking it out today.

Obviously, the stud has yet to be replaced. The shop I will be taking the car to availability has been conflicting with mine recently, but I should have it done by next week.

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 12-31-2010 at 07:40 AM.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:11 PM
March 2010 ROTM

Paint it already haha. Don't you just love how winter always brings a CEL?

Quick Reply: Cvcrcr's project/fix-up thread (version 1.1)