HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Cvcrcr's project/fix-up thread (version 1.1)

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 04:16 PM

Mishimoto hoses came in today. Should be installed by the end of the weekend. sweet

Planning on meeting up with this guy with the y8 block tomorrow. kinda getting excited that this is finally getting underway!

Old 06-30-2010, 08:05 PM
HCF Member

how much power do you want? You arent satisfied with how much your making now? I mean its your daily driver correct? Cause I mean there is a point at which your makin so much hp that its useless on the street besides being able to brag about how much hp you are making. I would probably just settle with your setup now and start working on the exterior of the car. I'm in the same situation as you with the front end. So imo I would get the car painted and looking clean before I started added even more power. Sorry but an unpainted front end just looks like ****, I have to look at it every day and it makes me cringe some times. Your car is looking great though. I would just hold off on the motor and finish up the more important things first. Also this is just a thought, you said your 24 correct? Do you really want to drive a civic around for that much longer? I mean I love my civic but I'm just wondering if your sure you want to dump a ton of money into a car you might not want to keep, plus your getting older and might want to upgrade your taste. Just some thoughts, not hating or anything.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:10 AM
HCF Member

This is what I was talking about with the fuel filter. http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=7858

Old 07-01-2010, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by croninc
how much power do you want? You arent satisfied with how much your making now? I mean its your daily driver correct? Cause I mean there is a point at which your makin so much hp that its useless on the street besides being able to brag about how much hp you are making. I would probably just settle with your setup now and start working on the exterior of the car. I'm in the same situation as you with the front end. So imo I would get the car painted and looking clean before I started added even more power. Sorry but an unpainted front end just looks like ****, I have to look at it every day and it makes me cringe some times. Your car is looking great though. I would just hold off on the motor and finish up the more important things first. Also this is just a thought, you said your 24 correct? Do you really want to drive a civic around for that much longer? I mean I love my civic but I'm just wondering if your sure you want to dump a ton of money into a car you might not want to keep, plus your getting older and might want to upgrade your taste. Just some thoughts, not hating or anything.
I want more powa! Yes, DD. I can't "settle" with it since I am burning oil (165,000+ miles and being boosted = oil is probably leaking through the piston rings since everything else has been replaced.) I LOVE driving my Civic for a few reasons:

- No car payment
- The fact that it could technically be considered "heavily modded" at least when the bottom end gets dropped in. Sweet
- The fact that if anything happens to it, I can probably fix it. Obviously, excluding body work.
- I have never seen a d series supercharged with higher compression, a beastly cam, and all kinds of extra add-ons, so the uniqueness of the build has my attention/keeps me interested.
- Modding is fun to me.

If I just wanted more power, I could be boring and drop in a replacement stock motor and slap a turbo kit on and tune it and be done, but as stated above, this is a little different.

No hate taken

Originally Posted by Scott53092
This is what I was talking about with the fuel filter. http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=7858
I know what you meant. The way you worded it was awkward, that's all.

I decided not to be lazy last night and installed the Mishimoto hoses.

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 07-01-2010 at 12:17 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:59 PM
HCF Member

haha yea i feel ya, well good luck with the build I cant wait to see it unfold.

Old 07-01-2010, 05:51 PM

Welp... its official.....

I hate Craigslist. Quick little story, I emailed the guy Monday, told him I would stop by on Thursday, I noticed that he relisted the y8 block for $25 more than what him and I agreed on, and he sold it out from under me yesterday and didn't tell me. Ugh.... that search continues I guess.

Old 07-01-2010, 06:04 PM
Chubby Chaser

that sucks but the same thing happened to me with another jeep i was gonna buy for 300$ it had a blown motor, and guy sold it behind my back, or ws just bs'ing me, we made plans to meet, i was there and he didnt show so i called and he wanted to act like i had the wrong number, man i was so pissed

Old 07-02-2010, 06:21 PM

No block yet But some good news!

Got a call from Bisimoto about the cam about a hour ago. After talking for a little bit, we basically came to a little agreement and they would send me a brand new camshaft for $300 shipped (about $90 off the price I previously paid). So now, I need to re-adjust my funds and see if I can pull it off since I really do want to run the Bisi cam. I told him I would give him a call/e-mail next week and let him know if I can do it.

Old 07-04-2010, 09:07 AM
March 2010 ROTM

Nice to see a D motor still getting some love haha. I'm all about more power, but I think I'd go with paint first too. I had an unpainted bumper for a week and that was too long for me haha.

Old 07-09-2010, 07:14 PM

Ugh, I need to stop being lazy. Basically got nothing done this week.

No block yet. Starting to look for full swaps for ~$300 and then selling the head, or using it for more parts just in case.

Still debating whether or not I should go with another Bisi cam or with something else (i.e. Comp Cam/ZEX would be my other choice at the moment). Anyone have an opinion on this one?

The guy at Bisimoto said he can do the camshaft, valve springs, and retainers for $650, but I think that is a little out of my budget. Regardless, I need new retainers if I plan on running an upgraded camshaft.

Might be a stupid question, but all makes of valve springs should work with all makes of retainers, correct? If so, I am thinking of getting the Bisi cam and retainers, and keeping the supertech valve springs in.

Quick Reply: Cvcrcr's project/fix-up thread (version 1.1)