HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   HCF Project Section (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/hcf-project-section-63/)
-   -   Dipsetcivic117's eg8 project (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/hcf-project-section-63/dipsetcivic117s-eg8-project-80036/)

Dipsetcivic117 12-26-2009 07:55 AM

Dipsetcivic117's eg8 project

4 Attachment(s)
Whats up everyone. So i finally decided to make a project thread. Ive been here for a little while now, mostly asking questions lol. My car is a 92 civic lx. Rosewood brown metallic honda color description. I originaly bought the car of a former co-worker who was moving, at the time the car did not start and he thought it was because the motor was bad. I told him ill give him 400 for it, and he did. Come to find out the car only needed a new dizzy.

This is when i bought the car :

Attachment 14968

Attachment 14969

After driving stick for only like a month or 2, i took a turn, views was blocked and did not see that a car had suddenly stopped to let some person cross the street, my first reaction was to press the break, but since i wasnt use to the 3 pedals i hit the cluthch first, and then realized it was in a standard, and 3 secs later i hit the brake. but it was to late. i swerved to try and avoid the car, but i caught the corner of her bumper with driver headlight/corner of the hood, and my fender. Replaced the broken headlight, bought new stanley corners(the all clear ones). and now need a new fender and hood.

Attachment 14970

Attachment 14971

I not have much done to the car now but a few mods:
ebay sri pipe (painted black)
AEM dryflow filter
Megan 4-2-1 header
pioneer headunit, alpine typeR front speakers
and thats it. lol

My future mods that will be in probably before spring include:
mugen replica front lip
tint windows(maybe 20% all around,35% is the legal limit in MA)
eg8 depo yellow foglights
stechs or eibach lowering springs on kyb gr2 shocks
and my mini me motor swap
D15B1?(the last digit is really faded)
Z6 head
P28 timing belt
B000 tranny
I got the motor free from my brother, who got it from a friend. Its a fairly new rebuilt block. No clue what condition the motor is in, will have to find out when i swap it in.

Things i want to do:
redo the headliner, its drooping down.
contruct a new trunk liner, with a door for the spare, and a box for 2 10inch woofers, powered by 780watt pioneer amp
infinity reference rear speakers
and a touch up paint job on the body, and get a black hood i have painted my car color, and a new fender also painted my car color.

Hope you follow my progress, even if its a slow one,

But it wont be as slow as NIKE HEAD's LOL

kanarrjl 12-26-2009 08:10 AM

Glad to see you got a thread i'm looking forward to seeing the progress

Dipsetcivic117 12-31-2009 05:47 PM

so tomorrow i will be installing my depo fog lights. Think i should make a DIY that we can keep here on HCF, maybe get some traffic in here?

NIKE H34D 01-01-2010 03:52 AM

But it wont be as slow as NIKE HEAD's LOL
Lol ;)

I didnt even want a progress thread, people kept telling me to make one >=( haha progress is coming pretty soon, if it wasnt for christmas I would have a new windshield/ecu/lights :(

I regret the whole nice family member buying gifts thing, I could really use some better visbility at night :P

Dipsetcivic117 01-01-2010 04:37 AM

Lol. I'm the opposite. Because of christmas I do have a progress thread.

NIKE H34D 01-01-2010 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by Dipsetcivic117 (Post 689956)
Lol. I'm the opposite. Because of christmas I do have a progress thread.

All I asked for christmas was for a windshield.... got tons of clothes instead haha

Dipsetcivic117 01-01-2010 11:29 AM

3 Attachment(s)
clothes is always good. unless they were church clothes. lol.

Got the fog lights installed, like the way they look. i was doing a diy for the first 3 steps, but then got to into the install and forgot to take pics and stuff. but its a fairly easy install. pics when i gets darker.

Picture for all you picture whores!

Day pics

Attachment 14915
Attachment 14916

Night pic

Attachment 14917

hamorhead 01-01-2010 05:56 PM

take a further away pic please
but it looks good:)

NIKE H34D 01-01-2010 06:33 PM

Take a pic from a good distance.... so easy to make a sig from a far away pic haha

Dipsetcivic117 01-01-2010 06:57 PM

day or night one? and why a further away one?