HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   HCF Project Section (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/hcf-project-section-63/)
-   -   Dipsetcivic117's eg8 project (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/hcf-project-section-63/dipsetcivic117s-eg8-project-80036/)

Dipsetcivic117 01-07-2010 08:59 AM

2 Attachment(s)
so today i started to mock up what i want my custom trunk to look like. it looks alot like wellfedhobo's like i mentioned it will. hopefully it comes out as good as his.

in this pic, that styerfoam is where the box will be to hold my jack and the x-shaped tire bolt thingy (lol)
Attachment 14816

I will do the same thing in this side, and the box will be for fluids and other small things. im also going to have the door to pull out my spare tire. and i am planning on getting 2 tens in the back. i will use trustdestructions idea and use a strut bar simply to hold the 2 10's box in place. this will be my summer plan. hopefully ill get it done before then.
Attachment 14817

NIKE H34D 01-07-2010 09:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hmmmm Fancy cabinit for jack on side of trunk? I like it lol

EDIT: Sorry! I ahvent seen your thread haha sig is being made now..

PS: All your photobucket pics are messsed up

Attachment 14813
That pic was DARKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Dipsetcivic117 01-08-2010 05:00 PM

yea. i put previous picsd in different folders. but then it messed up all my other pictures i already posted. so i deleted the folders and forgot to remove that link. sig looks good for now. ill get you more pics this weekend.

Dipsetcivic117 01-10-2010 07:09 PM

ok..so i been trying to fix this wierd idle that my car has. i cleaned the iacv 3 times, replaced it with a fairly new one, and the problem is still there. so instead of wasting my time on a engine thats going to get swapped durng the spring, i am going to do the swap this weekend. We have a green light for the mini-me swap.

Now is there a way of telling if the engine (the one i will be swapping in) is in good condition. its fairly rebuilt, but im not 100% of its shape. can you do a compression test, or any other test to see if its good before i rip the old motor out.

and if anyone needs a d15 non-vtec dizzy, i got a brand new (i mean like a week old) one, with brand new wires.

Dipsetcivic117 01-13-2010 08:35 AM

3 Attachment(s)
so i re-thought the idea of my custom trunk and didnt like the fact that the side box wont sit flush with the opening of the sides of the trunk. so i redid them today, and i think i am going to stick with this plan. here are some pics.

door closed:

Attachment 14744

door open:

Attachment 14745

and what the back of the box will look like:

Attachment 14746

i wanted the box to sit flush with the wheel well, but then i didnt have a flat surface to screw the side of the box. so i cut it short, and have that little space in the back.

kanarrjl 01-14-2010 06:00 AM

lookin good what you gunna make it out of? fiberglass perhaps?

Dipsetcivic117 01-14-2010 06:08 AM

nah. i have never used fiberglass, looks like alot of work and messy. im just going to use mdf wood, and carpet it the same color as my trunk interior.

my mini me motor is going in tomorrow. yayyy....lol

NIKE H34D 01-14-2010 06:22 AM

Whore it out with pics dipset

kanarrjl 01-14-2010 06:28 AM

fiberglass isn't hard it is messy if your not carefull tho i could send you some diy stuff on it if you want but mdf will be sufficient and fiberglass resin bonds to mdf anyhow.

Dipsetcivic117 01-14-2010 07:08 AM

ill do mdf for now. and if i get bored with it/or attempt to do fiber glass, then i will do it later when i have more time on my hands. i would love those diy, see how its done, and if i can handle doing it. thanks