HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Flip's Turbo Project, Read Page 44 For Some Info!

Old 06-01-2007, 03:59 PM
HCF Member
Default Flip's Turbo Project, Read Page 44 For Some Info!

Compression test: all cylinders at 115

FJ11 (ordered a T25, got sent this), internally gated at 7 PSI. Similar in size to a T25, out of an old Ford Probe.

FMIC/2.5" Charge piping Got my FMIC, dimensions were . Charge piping i'm using t-bolts and found a kit off of ebay for $130

K&N Filter Found one with an inlet size perfect to fit around the 1.75" compressor inlet. Had to get it specicially ordered from a local auto parts store.

GReddy Full Auto Turbo Timer/Harness $105 for both.

Oil Line Kit from http://www.stealthmodeperformance.com/oil-uni.shtml: $92 gonna havta get a custom one since htey dont make one premade for the FJ11

Ebay BOV: Got one from Sniper.Its a knock-off, but it'll do hte job for now.

OBD1 ECU/convesion harness/basemap at www.phearable.net: $230.

Crome Tuning Getting it tuned by CornBred tuning, they are giving me $150 for 3 hours of Crome tuning (and then $40 wideband hookup)

Custom downpipe at Joes: $25I'll have my car towed to a local muffler shop and they'll custom weld me one with a bung in it for the wideband

Boost gauge/Tach/Volt/Triple Pillar Pod: each gauge was $30, pod was like $40

HF Cast Turbo Manifold: got mine for $40

DSM 450cc injectors: traded my RC310cc's for these

Golden Eagle Vac Manifold: got mine for $40

New Headgasket/ARP Headstuds: these are a recent addition to my project, might as well

This first post is basically now just a list of everything i have/am getting

Old 06-01-2007, 04:02 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Well here goes nothing

forgot to add the tune, i'm aware of this though. Tony if you read this, if you could talk to your guy down there in Grand Rapids that street tuned for you, tell him i'm interested in getting a tune whenever this is all together, and ask him about his prices too. Thatd be aweosme, thanks man.

Old 06-01-2007, 05:35 PM
HCF Member

I have about everything you need other than the management. I have the water cooled t25 turbo with hf mani and adapter plate. I have charge piping( not the greatest but it works) Boost gauge, bov, tuner toys oil line kit, rc 310 injectors. The setup has probably 500 miles on it. I'll take detailed pics tonight. I haven't been driving it because I took it to a guy to replace the clutch and he replaced the rear main seal which has starting leaking. Let me know.

Old 06-01-2007, 05:38 PM
Cat Fuсker

Flip, I have a Bosch plastic BOV, that you cna have for free. It doesn't make the cool sound, but after all the sound is not the purpose behind a BOV...

Old 06-01-2007, 08:16 PM
Recognized HCF Member

150 for an hf is a really pricy, they go for max 50 bucks shipped on ebay. i have a guy possibly coming for everything but the rc310cc's tomorrow. I will hold the rc310cc's for you.

I got the piping right here here-http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SRE-Civic-Turbo-Intercooler-Piping-fits-HKS-SSQV_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQihZ017QQite mZ270123431108QQrdZ1

Old 06-01-2007, 08:43 PM
HCF Member

$150 is waaaaay too much for an HF mani. I'm taking my HF mani off this weekend. If you want to pay shipping you can have it. It has aDSM adapter platebut it's for a 14b/tdo5h. Dont know if the t25 is the same flange. But if you were willing to pay $150 for a manifold, get a good one. It's a pretty important piece.

Also have an ebay BOV layin around you can have for like 20 bucks.

Look around on ebay for a boost gauge that you like. Autometer isn't the only option.I got mine out of a Skyline for 30 bucks.

Old 06-02-2007, 08:26 AM
HCF Member

wow, alright, repsone to everyone

SE_2i remmeber reading your thread, but i think it was for a B series? And hit me up with some prices

Riceburner if everything goes okay with the compression test Tuesday, i'll get them injectors from you. Thanks for holding them man, and thanks for that link.

Sniper do you think i could find an adapter plate for the T25 online somewhere? If so i'll take the manifold off your hands, as well as the BOV. And i'll look around ebay for a new gauge too.

Gene thanks for the offer, but i think i'll get Snipers or just a new ebay one, gotta have the noise bro

but again, wish me luck on the compression test, if that goes okay, we'll go from there

Old 06-02-2007, 08:29 AM
HCF Member

forgot to add also, APR Headstuds and the spakr plugs one step colder (correct?).

Also have a question about the headstuds, i've never dealt with removing my valve cover/head before ,and i know you dont necesarrily need to remove the head when you put the new headstuds in, but do i need a new head gasket? I've never worked on anything like that before, so any help with that would be awesome, and i know there are differnet brands of head gaskets, so IF i do have replcae the head gasket, should i go OEM or another brand?

Old 06-02-2007, 10:32 AM
HCF Member

Yes, you def want a colder spark plug. I called NGK and they told me what plug to get (BKR7E) call them up and ask them about your D. Also i'm almost positive that you need a new gasket when you remove your head so go with a Cometic head gasket. Ihave one and it cost me 98.00 w/shipping.They are a very popular brand for boosted honda's.

Old 06-02-2007, 11:04 AM
Recognized HCF Member

i would recommend oem, they have proven even on high hp cars

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Flip's Turbo Project, Read Page 44 For Some Info!