HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Hailchristian's EF (picture Intensive)

Old 08-10-2010, 06:46 AM
HCF Member

No such thing as too many stickers, haha, I love your car, even with the stickers. Pinstripe looks so good on it!!

Old 08-10-2010, 06:03 PM
HCF Member

Wow for a 20 year old hatch you did an excellent job so far and happy you went through and out of your Rice stage. With a beautiful set of wheels and some coilovers that will be one sexy ef, subscribed!

Old 10-01-2010, 04:47 PM
HCF Member

Time for some updates...YAY!

I have been driving a lot lately. Made a trip down to SD 2 weeks ago (about 800 miles round trip) and another trip to the bay area last weekend (600 miles round trip) and to my surprise got 37mpg both trips...booyah!

And today...Friday after a long week at work...our company secretary hits my car. Awesome.

Carnage here:

Only thing that looks messed up is the bumper...still, my paint job is less than a year ago. So that means I get to find another bumper, paint it and send the bill to our secretary.

Instead, I think I will go the JDM route and pay the difference between the jdm front end and the regular bumper front end. I have a friend who is selling his for 750, with a J's racing front lip. It is sweet looking. Only thing he is missing is the fenders..which Kinda sucks because I need a drivers side fender. Im thinking if I can talk him down to 700 I could hit up the junkyard, get a fender, get some JDM side moldings and my car would be sweet.

Opinions?

Old 10-02-2010, 07:13 AM
March 2010 ROTM

If you can get a good deal on a JDM front, go for it. If not, I'd spend the extra money else where, like on wheels. Thats some crap luck man.

Old 10-02-2010, 07:13 AM

^^+1 looks like those tires have a little camber, eh?

Pics of the bumper/lip/fenders you are referring to?

Good stuff for 37mpg! I have been hitting an all-time-high of 32 mpg recently, so I am a little jealous!

Old 10-02-2010, 09:10 AM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

I agree with Plethoric...if the jdm deal falls through just spend that money on a nice set of wheels And go oem with the bumper and put a sexy lip on it

Old 10-02-2010, 01:24 PM
HCF Member

Well, I talked to my homie up the block. And the guy offered it to him for 600. So he will get it for me and give it to me for 600. They have been long time friends, it really doesn't hurt my feelings anymore.

Im headed to maaco on monday to get two quotes. 1 for fixing my bumper by them and one for how much it would be to paint just a bumper. I plan on showing my secretary the first quote and being this is how much it would cost, and then being like im a nice guy and ill charge you something considerably less. She writes my pay checks, I don't really want to get on her bad side.

Ill try to get some pics of it. I know its in decent condition cause I saw it once before. Only thing I remember is that it has a hole for a parking pole. So I need to get one of those. HA

Old 10-20-2010, 11:12 PM
HCF Member

Update time:

Well, Still no luck getting a hold of the guy with the JDM front end. I got a financial aid check in the mail 2 weeks ago...and have been letting that sit specifically for this jdm front end. He also said he has some RS*R headers which would be nice to go with the full catback setup.

I have a bunch of people trying to get a hold of him, but his phone is shut off and I doubt he has internet. We will see with that. Our secretary says her nephew or brother in law or someone in her family slings honda parts so I told her to ask if he has a jdm fron end for my car...who knows.

As for everything else, I am trying to figure out what to do next. The Turbo idea popped into my head tonight..I still have my first DOHC zc on the side of the house waiting for a rebuild. Also, after the Gorgeous EG hatch thread opened up I have been wanting the fully polished retracks. They sell them for 550 with a 3 inch lip. Havn't decided if I could pull them off yet.

pic for reference:

Hopefully I will order something this next couple weeks. I really want to get my front end situated so I can move on to better things.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:13 PM
HCF Member

Question:

I have been reading on turbo setups and they all suggest converting to OBD1 for better tuning and such.

I know they sell the jumper harnesses for 50-100 bucks, but is there any reason I couldn't just depin my harness and pop them into the OBD1 plugs? Any information on that would be helpful. Probably going to upgrade to obd1 regardless so I can get a custom rom for the ZC

Old 10-21-2010, 09:04 AM
Chubby Chaser

yes you can repin, but its a pita so they made the plug n play conversion plug.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hailchristian's EF (picture Intensive)