HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

JayVee's EK-EJ6 Project

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 05:31 PM
HCF Member
Default JayVee's EK-EJ6 Project

Well being a member here on HCF for quite awhile I figured now's a good time I'd join the project thread along with the other fellow members. Doing so to let you all know how I'm slowly progressing with projects on my car to my likings. Oh, and did i mention "slowly" progressing? Yeahh, slowly. Anyways, I'd also like to throw out that I'm summing up some of my old threads for proof of progression and I'll begin posting questions and other related thoughts in my project thread. So thus said..

Welcome to JayVee's EK-EJ6 Project thread
Well to start out guys I got my car on Sept. 2, 09. This is my first car and I couldnt be happier with the pick. To be honest, it looked right for me and was the best buy i had. My car is a 99' Civic DX (D16Y7) non vtec : ( This as well was my first time learning how to drive stick, so it was also a plus on enjoyment. (besides the many times I stalled on hills and got honked at)
Anyways this is what my car looked like when i first bought her.

(09/02/09)
Some of the Aftermarket that was included:
ebay sri
panasonic reciever
ebay pedals
vis carbon fiber hood
ebay projector lights
muffler
&Honda "showroom" wheels (so i was told)
"The car was a steal" (PeterGriffin) for $2100, yes indeed I knew it was too good to be true but that happyness ended later on in the road.
I began noticing problems very soon and began to question the price.
First indications were:
CEL was ON
&horrible car shaking at 45-60mph
Turned out my cel was throwing a bad catalytic converter and the car shaking was due to the rims. Quick story short, thanks to the help of trustdestruction's EX exhaust conversion, the DX catalytic converter and exhaust manifold was removed and replaced with an ex exhaust manifold and an ex catalytic converter, along with minor fabrication. &the bent rims and tires were removed and replaced with steelies.
After solving the cel problem, shaking problem &registration total came to around $3100. I think of it as a good investment since i'll be using this for days to come. Soo, back on point, the few investments that i've put into affect are:
AEM sri
the EX exhaust conversion (as explained above)
PWJDM 02 Sensor Extensions (for the EX exhaust conversion)
Kenwood Amp (pushing 3-600 rms watts, don't remember to be exact)
JBL Audio 12" Sub
Flat Black Paint Job on Steelies
Type R Front Lip (replica)
As well, here is a photo of my front end with the new Type R Front Lip (replica)

(1/1/10)

Now my most important update of all is my car is now Totalled. This is how my car looked like when i sold it just recently

(2/2/10)
Profitted $1300, best offer i had since i was lowballed so many times. Anyways new project coming soon..
I'll keep you guys updated, I'm most likely going for a 6th gen hatch or 6th gen ex.

Last edited by JayVee; 02-27-2010 at 07:55 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:45 PM
HCF Member

how do u like that cf hood?

Old 01-03-2010, 05:53 PM
HCF Member

you know i didn't really like it when i first saw the car, first thing that came to my mind was rice, lol. now i've actually grown on to it, so i don't really mind it.

Old 01-03-2010, 05:58 PM
HCF Member

ive never thought they were rice... im actually thinking about getting one for my hatch
and u should get on aim

Old 01-03-2010, 05:59 PM
HCF Member

Update! (forgot to mention)
Today went out to my closest junkyard and picked myself up a Front Side Pillar (driver side) since mine had screw holes punctured through it for aftermarket gauges? maybe, &as well picked up a Window Seal (the seal on the inside of the door).

Glad i found these two parts today, only problem was there was only one EK and half a dozen EGs so i had to work smart and find the most out of it. Sad to say, i had never seen so many EFs in my life as well haha. Still needa get a:
Dipstick
Manual Window Handle
Center Passenger Pillar
Hopefully next weekend i'll go out and pick these parts up.

Old 01-04-2010, 12:42 AM
HCF Member

Nice thread bro. Good to see that you finally joined us all in making one. It's a nice way to keep track of things, plus, you get to look back on this and be like "Damn, I spent a lot of money..."

Yeah, I'll talk to you on AIM.

EDIT
Hamor, add me on your BL.

Old 01-04-2010, 03:13 AM
Chubby Chaser

nice to see you now have a project thread

DONT talk to hamor on aim, he likes men and has real long blonde hair

Old 01-04-2010, 06:00 AM
HCF Member

How long till the lip and grill are painted?

And yellow fogs are being shipped as I type this right???!?!

Old 01-04-2010, 06:37 AM
HCF Member

The two tone with the lip and cf hood being a different color kinda work. LOL. Yeah buddy get those eBay fogs. That'll look leeegitttt...

Old 01-04-2010, 06:44 AM
HCF Member

Looks half assed to me, thats just laziness. But I have that too, I just admit it. And yeah greencivic yellow fogs is sick.

Quick Reply: JayVee's EK-EJ6 Project