HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   HCF Project Section (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/hcf-project-section-63/)
-   -   MBrent's fix the CRiX project (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/hcf-project-section-63/mbrents-fix-crix-project-85610/)

MBrent 01-25-2011 02:00 PM

okay, finished up the suspension, replaced a broken wheel stud, and drove her home. on the way, noticed 2 problems. vtec is intermitten. sometimes hits hard @5k, redlines @8200. sometimes no vtec, redlines @7k. hmmm. prob a ghey ecu prob. no codes tho. otehr prob is a bumping sound occasionally from pass rear. mustve not buttoned something back up right. trial and error guys, just fightin' my way through.
my soultion for my VTAK y0! is that im converting to obd1 soon, with a chipped phearable ecu. that should iron the kinks out. gonna do a once over on my pass rear suspension too. could be that the car is hitting a bumpstop. it didnt have them before, so maybe this is just a new noise thats not a problem.
soooo, heres whats left........
1. check out the pass rear suspension
2. fix exhaust leak (may go with complete new system, just depends on when i start generating some income)
3. body and paint. body work is minimal, just gotta grab a new rear bumper.
4.si seats need recovered (no ricing seats and harnesses this time)
5. obd1 w/chipped ecu conversion
6. little things, i want a wink mirror, some extended tophats for my front shocks, some rear splashguards
7. one day, when i hit the lotto, delete the dumb sunroof, and get an autopower 4pt roll bar that lets me keep my rear interior.
ok guys, bash away. i can take it! but dont talk sh!t about wink mirrors... lol

MBrent 01-25-2011 05:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
i know, right? 3 months of inactivity, then all of a sudden im blowing up your email inbox with thread updates. well, heres a couple pics of sexxy rexxy. first pic is where i installed adj coilover sleeve with sk2 shock, 2nd pic is of my ridiculous headlights. enjoy!
Attachment 8405
Attachment 8406

DaOne 01-25-2011 05:49 PM

Nice progress man! its moving along nicely.

btw noob question here.. how do you know that you infact got a exhaust leak?
Just going by noise you hear? or is there a more accuarte way lol

Scott53092 01-25-2011 06:03 PM

^ jack the car up or put it on a lift, start the car, have someone put a piece of plywood over the exhaust tip and watch where the exhaust escapes from the leak.

PunisherInOKC 01-25-2011 06:08 PM

Do yourself a favor, paint the undercarage black. That grey and whatnot looks bad.
I'll be doing this on my hatch and CRX.

MBrent 01-25-2011 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by PunisherInOKC (Post 748703)
Do yourself a favor, paint the undercarage black. That grey and whatnot looks bad.
I'll be doing this on my hatch and CRX.

oh, most definitely. 2 rattle cans will do it, after i pressure wash the undercarriage. just waiting on doing the little nittenoid things until i get anything out of the way that hinders driveability. thx for the encouragement guys, i need it. brent is hard to motivate. typical deep south procrastinator.