HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

MBrent's fix the CRiX project

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 12:07 PM
July 2010 ROTM
Thumbs up MBrent's fix the CRiX project

hello all. time for me to start a project thread for my CRX. first off, i would like to lay out my plans for it starting with....

1. Brake Master Cylinder
2. New Seats
3. Body and Paint
4. obd1 conversion

there are a few little things here and there i didnt mention, but it should make for some suspenseful thread-lurking when i decide to do something at random, like putting rhinestones on my valve cover, or making a valve cover out of legos. who knows. anyhow, all i have done to the car is discover that it needs a brake MC. no brakes is teh suk. furthermore, i know my headlights are crap, as well as the painted exterior trim and window moldings (ugh). soooo.... for anyone with any how to expertise on the CRX, plz, share with me. pictures to come soon, i promise. i just have to find me some monies to do stuffs to my car. anybody wanna buy a 4 wheeler???

Last edited by MBrent; 02-06-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:36 PM
HCF Member

Change your sig before I kill you. Looking forward to the build, I miss this site

Old 09-30-2010, 02:44 PM
HCF Member

its a fun ride though even with no brakes!! ride like a buggy and can catch some air on old country roads!! what more can you ask for

Old 10-01-2010, 10:26 AM
HCF Member

yay! crx!
enjoy the crap out of it
i loved mine

Old 10-02-2010, 07:16 AM

Noice!

I am ready to a see a lego-type valve cover. What a good and original idea. How were you thinking about doing this? Do you think the heat from the motor would affect the legos? I wanna hear more about this!

Old 10-02-2010, 11:50 AM
HCF Member

I just got back from a track day, and I rode in a stock CRX with Konis and GCs.

That thing was HELLA fast around the turns!!! I rode in two S2000s (with good drivers) and they went into and came out of every turn slower than the CRX.

I had a decent amount of respect for CRX's, but it has now jumped much higher

Last edited by Superfly; 10-02-2010 at 11:56 AM.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:25 AM
July 2010 ROTM

was thinking of cutting the legos very thinly, with only the tops with the little buttons on it remaining. if i can epoxy them to my existing valvecover, it just might work. hopefully, they wont melt. im not sure what melting point is for a lego, but i might try some in a pyrex bowl in my oven just to see. if all else fails.... idk what to do to my vc...

Old 10-07-2010, 04:30 PM
July 2010 ROTM

i discovered some bull mess today! my flippin header is smashed where it makes the bend to go under/around the oil pan. oh well, the header thats on it isnt pretty enough to grace my engine bay anyhow. gotta find a purty one. car also need new dampers. bounces like amish town. gonna reupholster door panels sometime soon, and flat white paintz!!!

Last edited by MBrent; 01-26-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:35 PM
HCF Member

Painted molding are wonderful in my opinion!!
but to each their own

Originally Posted by Superfly
I just got back from a track day, and I rode in a stock CRX with Konis and GCs.

That thing was HELLA fast around the turns!!! I rode in two S2000s (with good drivers) and they went into and came out of every turn slower than the CRX.

I had a decent amount of respect for CRX's, but it has now jumped much higher
you may think they were good drivers but they weren't......

Old 10-14-2010, 06:08 PM
July 2010 ROTM

ok, bought my master cylinder today. maybe pics tomorrow. never tried to install one before tho. also, sticker bomb, a book full of stickers, should be here soon along with my new wink mirror. ordered a kenwood head unit and a planet audio head unit today. whichever is the "neatest" is goin in the crix and the other in the passat. pics to come soon! oh! and i think i have renamed my CRX, "Sir CRiX alot".

Quick Reply: MBrent's fix the CRiX project