HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

MBrent's fix the CRiX project

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 06:22 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Man wtf ive been trying to put together something to sticker bomb for like a good month now and all of the suden everyone is doing it and i wont be one of the people who restarts the "movement" :/ oh well hahaha

Cant wait to see the pics tho MBrent!

Old 10-15-2010, 09:04 AM
HCF Member

Love CRX's! This should be a fun build excited to see all the work, good luck.

Old 10-16-2010, 04:13 PM
July 2010 ROTM

so, im torn. i have the cash, but im a cheap ***. debating on what dampers to order. tokico blues, kyb gr2s, or skunk2 streets. damnit, i cant decide. must order some by monday, any suggestions? really need some input from you guys. already have adj coilovers, and the skunk2 shocks come with a shorter rod for lowered cars, but the reviews on them suck, and they are more expensive than the tokicos. budget is no more than $350, and that is still too much. gonna put my brake MC on mon or tues. shocks on when they come in. new head unit when it comes in mon, tue, or weds. found my paint too, hot rod kustomz vanilla shake. gonna get a tiny bit of pearl from a website called www.paintwithpearl.com just to break up all the flatness. was gonna sticker bomb my center console, but may do my sunroof instead. i hate it, but that may jazz it up to tolerability. thx to everyone who is staying tuned, and now that im using google chrome, i should be able to upload pics easily (die internet explorer, you fukking communist). so, pics to come from my newly rooted droid soon. sorry for the lengthy update, just need to chillax cuz i got a lot on my mind with my baby girl being born soon. this is like a flippin support group lol. cheers everyone, gotta be up at 430 to be at the racetrack tomorrow. gonna sip on some sweetwater ale and hit the sack'ola. love u guys. i feel all lovey today lol.

Old 10-16-2010, 06:43 PM
HCF Member

Whatever choice you go with, can't wait to see the results!

Old 10-17-2010, 08:05 PM
Chubby Chaser

go with tokico blues, i liked them on my old rex, holler at me if ya need any help

Old 10-18-2010, 10:10 AM
July 2010 ROTM

thx superfly, thx mitch. drowning my sorrows since 930 this morning. almost out of sweetwater blue. gonna wait til all my parts come in, and then spend a whole day on the rex. should be sometime this week. got a few job prospects here and there, so hopefully one will come thru soon. mitch, u got recent pics of the sedan? i am starting to miss her. volkswagens are garbage lol.

Old 10-18-2010, 10:25 AM
July 2010 ROTM

attached are two pics of where the BMC is leaking and eating my engine bay paint, and also a pic of my dismal engine bay. hopefully, i will have the valve cover milled, painted, and some nice new adjustable cam gears soon. just gotta sell my paintball stuff.

edit: advice for all you beer drinkers; dont post while buzzed. you will be amazed at what poor grammar and spelling you use.

Attached Thumbnails MBrent's fix the CRiX project-cbmc1.jpg   MBrent's fix the CRiX project-cbmc2.jpg   MBrent's fix the CRiX project-crxunderhood1.jpg  

Last edited by MBrent; 10-18-2010 at 10:27 AM. Reason: cant spell when drunk...
Old 10-18-2010, 10:57 AM
Chubby Chaser

get a wire tuck and relocate the battery, it looks cramped in there.

i havent done anything to the sedan since the accident, im gonna get things going soon
ya need to get ya a rhino, check out my thread, they are fun as hell

Last edited by 94civichatchback; 10-18-2010 at 11:18 AM.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:58 PM
shawty

I love CRX's post lots & lots & lots of pictures so I can hate you MBrent!

Old 10-18-2010, 10:57 PM
July 2010 ROTM

^didnt know u were still alive doll
^^idk how to wire tuck mitch, i would prob FSU

so, i just ordered the skunk2 dampers to go with my skunk2 adj coilover sleeves. $300 shipped. pics when they arrive. slowly but surely, i WILL resurrect this rex. anybody wanna trade for some slipstreams? they absolutely do not suit a crx. need something with just a skÔsh more lip. is skÔsh a word? it is in alabama...

Quick Reply: MBrent's fix the CRiX project