HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

MiSTERXANDY's EJ8 Project.

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 10:35 PM
HCF Member
Default MiSTERXANDY's EJ8 Project.

Hey Everyone.

I'm posting a project thread to show my progress on this complete riced-out EJ8.

So far, under the hood I can see that there may be an after market fuel rail but thats about it. Also, the clutch plate was replaced. I will post more pictures as things start to get changed.

Right now, I want to find local junkyards for the OEM front and rear bumper so I can get the car prepped for paint. I want to sand down the tacky paint on the Rotas and make it normal. The sound system is jacked up and so are my windows. The windows roll up all retarded and today I had to get it towed home due to some fuel problems. Not quite sure, but I'll look into it in the morning. She needs a new tune-up and a timing belt change so I'll have my shop look into that but she runs, shifts smoothly and needs ALOT of help.

Attached Thumbnails MiSTERXANDY's EJ8 Project.-iphone-333.jpg   MiSTERXANDY's EJ8 Project.-iphone-319.jpg  
Old 12-04-2009, 10:54 PM
HCF Member

More pictures.

Attached Thumbnails MiSTERXANDY's EJ8 Project.-iphone-313a.jpg   MiSTERXANDY's EJ8 Project.-iphone-314a.jpg   MiSTERXANDY's EJ8 Project.-iphone-311.jpg   MiSTERXANDY's EJ8 Project.-iphone-309.jpg  
Old 12-05-2009, 09:15 AM
HCF Member

OH MY GOD, that car is unbelievably bad. Can't believe how bad that is, you have a lot of work ahead of you! I hope you didn't pay too much for it...

Old 12-05-2009, 09:38 AM
HCF Member

hahaha one hell of a job to do for you man, FIX IT UP

Old 12-05-2009, 09:51 AM

You may be lucky enough to find a kid around your area (craigslist.org/mautofied.com) that may want to trade his stock bumpers for your body kit. I would get that blue paint off the rear drums as well. Paint them flat black. No one should be proud enough to show off drum brakes lmao

Oh yea, the windows are going to be horrible. It is a very common issue with 96-00 Civics. I believe we all have narrowed it down to simply buying new Honda window regulators. You could also take the window out, use some silicone lubricant spray on the tracks and re-install the window in order to try to fix the problem, but usually it is just a temporary fix. What's wrong with the sound system?

Pics of the motor? I may have a stock fuel rail you might be able to use if ya need one. I'll have to check when it stops snowing. ugh

Good luck with everything!

Edit: I am not sure of how familiar you are with Civics, but if you do end up getting new bumpers or trade with someone, make sure you get a 96-98 front bumper. 99-00 Civic's are different. The side skirts and rear bumpers won't have any fitment issues regardless of what year you get between 96-00.

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 12-05-2009 at 09:55 AM.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:52 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Boki99ex
hahaha one hell of a job to do for you man, FIX IT UP
Yeah, I'm working on it right now and when I get off of work =P

Old 12-05-2009, 09:54 AM
HCF Member

took off the wing.

Attached Thumbnails MiSTERXANDY's EJ8 Project.-iphone-326a.jpg   MiSTERXANDY's EJ8 Project.-iphone-319.jpg  

Last edited by misterxandy; 12-05-2009 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Adding a picture.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:57 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
You may be lucky enough to find a kid around your area (craigslist.org/mautofied.com) that may want to trade his stock bumpers for your body kit. I would get that blue paint off the rear drums as well. Paint them flat black. No one should be proud enough to show off drum brakes lmao

Oh yea, the windows are going to be horrible. It is a very common issue with 96-00 Civics. I believe we all have narrowed it down to simply buying new Honda window regulators. You could also take the window out, use some silicone lubricant spray on the tracks and re-install the window in order to try to fix the problem, but usually it is just a temporary fix. What's wrong with the sound system?

Pics of the motor? I may have a stock fuel rail you might be able to use if ya need one. I'll have to check when it stops snowing. ugh

Good luck with everything!

Edit: I am not sure of how familiar you are with Civics, but if you do end up getting new bumpers or trade with someone, make sure you get a 96-98 front bumper. 99-00 Civic's are different. The side skirts and rear bumpers won't have any fitment issues regardless of what year you get between 96-00.

I'll be sure to get the pics of the engine by today. I looked up the price of window regulators and it's around 40 bucks right? She isn't starting still, can't diagnose it .

Old 12-05-2009, 10:02 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Scott53092
OH MY GOD, that car is unbelievably bad. Can't believe how bad that is, you have a lot of work ahead of you! I hope you didn't pay too much for it...
Family friend's son. Wasn't more than a grand

Old 12-05-2009, 10:21 AM
HCF Member

i bet that thing was fast!
till you took off the wing...
i know you just lost at LEAST 7-9 horsepower.

wat color you getting it painted?
and yeah lol if i were you i would put the body kits up for trade on craiglist... you never know...
haha

Last edited by DaOne; 12-05-2009 at 10:25 AM.

Quick Reply: MiSTERXANDY's EJ8 Project.