HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Motor build stage "3" (6-26-08)

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 11:05 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Talking Motor build stage "3" (6-17-09)

as some of you may know i acquired a complete d16y7 with everything except the tranny and ecu..., i have started the strip down to the bare metal with the engine being fully disseminated and ready to be bored .020 over and the block either acid dipped or sandblasted with all the crap off of it.... i really want a fast civic for the street and crazy fast civic for the drag strip with slicks and the whole shabang. I am going boost, with full ems standalone down the road when the engine goes into the car..... well here are some pics of the cylinder head and how far i have gotten so far. I would have it fully dissasmbled and started the porting on it but i am still trying to get ahold of a valve spring compressor...This motor is gonna take me a little while to do because i am a strudent but wont be to long... hope to have something for it every pay check weither it be rods,pistons, bearings, gaskets, etc. i plan on having pics up after i install something new

Last edited by riceburner700; 06-17-2009 at 07:03 PM.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:12 PM
Default RE: motor build stage 1

awesome! keep us updated!

Old 08-29-2006, 11:21 PM
Recognized HCF Member

yeah i want to see what a single slammer can really do with the right parts...and one hell of a tune of course

Old 08-30-2006, 01:17 AM

What does acid dipping do exactly?

Old 08-30-2006, 01:43 AM
HCF Member

I have a feeling this a gonna be a GOOD LONG THREAD. Good luck!!!
Is the second pic after the sandblasting? It looks so much cleaner than in the first one...

Old 08-30-2006, 08:10 AM
Recognized HCF Member

no acid dipping is were they dip like a engine block or cylinder head into a big tank of a certain type of acid and then they let it sit in there for so long and then when they remove it all the stains, dirt, grease anything that was on the metal will be gone, also works for coolent stuff stained around the cylinder walls and inside the engine... The second pic i didnt acid dip the valve cover, it originaly had no paint on it so i just used wheel acid on the top with a scrub brush to get the big stains out and then i renced that off with running water then took a sos pad to it and got into all the little cracks..I then sprayed off everything with compressed air and then let it dry what water was still on the valve cover. I got my engine temp paint at checker for like $5 or something close to that. I got the color "cast coat iron" by krylon. Looks a little bit like a mugen color but a little let brown. I wanted something different that i havent seen so this is why i went with this color. As for the silver "honda" letters on the top i just took a flat file and carefully stratched off the paint until the letters were all visible in shiny aluminum, just make sure you keep the file level and dont let it hit the actual valve cover or else it will scratch the paint...

more updates soon

Old 08-30-2006, 08:12 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Dude, AWESOME! I will be an avid follower of this build. Good luck man

Old 08-30-2006, 10:22 AM
HCF Member

Yea, this is pretty cool. Give us some detailed shizzle

Old 08-30-2006, 12:44 PM
Stinky Administrator

looks great nice work keep us updated

Old 08-30-2006, 02:02 PM
HCF Member

Sweet dude, i can't wait to see the finished product

Quick Reply: Motor build stage "3" (6-26-08)