HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

project 666: breaking the curse

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 04:33 PM
HCF Member

todays update, got the trailing arms all in, the e-brake and brake hoses installed. looks WAY better then the drums, im happy so far. still need to barrow a brake compressor for the calipers, then install the ebc pads and bleed the system. hoping the beaks kit will ship soon, really want to put the sway bar on. might do the clutch next weekend, but i keep saying that.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:42 PM
HCF Member

update for the day: wet sanded the rims and put another coat. think i want to finish them tomarrow, should be pimp. also put the brake pads in the rear, and also put the back seats in. not much, but a little got done.

Old 11-19-2010, 01:29 PM
HCF Member

did a bit more paint on the rims today. tryed to paint the center caps but for some reason when i when to spray the red for the h's it looks like its causing the paint to crack. what a bitch.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:48 PM

PostPicsPostPicsPostPicsPostPics!

Post some pics!

Oh yea,

Originally Posted by ej8punk
and tuner to ball type conversion washers have been ordered.
Where did you buy these from? J/w

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 11-19-2010 at 05:51 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:09 PM
HCF Member

i would post more pics but all i have been using is my phone. im going to order tires soon so ill have something new to post. conversion washers are here. also, after i ordered from there i got an email from clubrsx(?) saying they dont stock them but could drop ship them. they took me a while to find but i did. i emailed them and beaks the other day to see when i would get my stuff. havent heared from washer guys but beaks emailed back saying they would have it after thanksgiving and shipping would be a few days after that. for now, gloss or no gloss?

Last edited by ej8punk; 11-19-2010 at 07:21 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:53 PM

Awesome!

I appreciate the link! If I end up picking up these GSR Blades I have been looking at, I will be grabbing a set of the conversion washers so I can run a specific set of lug nuts I have had my eye on!

Old 11-19-2010, 10:30 PM

fuzion tires suck... Falken 912 is a good choice. I've had fuzion ZRi and they have horrible tread life. I had Falken 912 on my del Sol and they handled great and are holding up well. I had 512 before that and the 912's are a little harder tire so they last longer but have less grip (theoretically if you only take their hardness into account), but the better tread design on the 912's makes up for them being a slightly harder compound. The 912's are pretty quiet too. Overall a great tire.

Oh and here... a google search using the right keywords brought me to this page... those lug nut adapters you spoke of.
http://www.pacificcustoms.com/WHL005.html

here's another site too, where everyone has probably been buying them from, but they're out of stock from here:
http://www.clubrsx.com/clubep3/SSR-WHEELWASHER.html

EDIT: i see you've already found the washers :P

Last edited by trustdestruction; 11-19-2010 at 10:41 PM.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:33 AM
HCF Member

yea im looking at the 912's. i work with a lot of fuzions, and i know they cup bad if not aligned/balanced right, and probably have bad grip. i was thinking of the rt615k's, but was only worried about mileage. i was thinking about it last night too, higher grip tires hide mistakes in your driving, so i think i want something less then the rt615k's to relearn the car at its limits. i also had the 512 and kinda liked them, but this is when the 205/60/14 was available. im pretty set on the 912's, now only if i hadn't lost my debit card the other day...

Old 12-01-2010, 02:19 PM
HCF Member

started my attempt on the 80$ paint job. just the hood for now, but its good cus it helped me learn a few things. first, the base needs to be ruffer than i though. second, i need to use more paint and less mineral spirits cus i was getting a lot of bubbles. came inside, finally got my new debt card so i was about to press send on my tire order (going with the rt615ks ), when the mail man dropped off my beaks kit. going to put that on now, maybe some pics later of todays work. also called a shop earlier, going to have a rebuilt motor put in, and at the same time install the tranny and clutch/flywheel. 900 bucks and free towing, so i think its a deal, plus i dont have to deal with the hardest part. oh yea, i had jury duty yesterday so only one installment this week sadly, was almost put on a 3 week murder case.

edit: scratch that, beaks sent the wrong kit. anyone id what it is? the distance from hole to hole is 1/4 to 1/2 inch to long, and it had some extra bracket, ep maybe?

Last edited by ej8punk; 12-01-2010 at 02:54 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:43 PM
HCF Member

just got an email back from beaks (good customer service i must say), this is the version two kit, larger size plus a bracket that holds/pulls on the other side of the subframe for more support. maybe this pic will help, this would be the left side.

Last edited by ej8punk; 12-05-2010 at 05:49 PM.

Quick Reply: project 666: breaking the curse