HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   HCF Project Section (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/hcf-project-section-63/)
-   -   Reaper's Mustang Project (abridged version) (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/hcf-project-section-63/reapers-mustang-project-abridged-version-71078/)

megafandrew 01-26-2009 07:33 PM

man you got me all crazy thinking again about picking up another 180sx or 240sx and doing the swap (sr20 redtop for me) now I just got to get a decent paying job lol. I like your plans Chris keep us updated later on if things work out

x1guy 01-27-2009 09:00 AM

Ca isnt very much different from sticking to your ka
Imo im a ka person lol
And sr is overated for the fact that you could get a nicely built ka or ca for the price of the swap. But if you did want the potential to see high hp numbers you might want to just save up for that or the rb. Another cheap alternative is 1jz I don't know if you were considering that but they have strong internals and can handle some serious boost and it bolts right in you would need to change the drivetrain and get the mounts of course but if you shop around you could get the swap done for 2k or less.if you do the work yourself. if you get one with stock twins all you would have to do is upgrade the turbos. And it has a lot of potential for more hp because I know you'll want more hp sooner or later
The 2jz also fits buts cost almost the same as the rb swap.
Imo 1jz ftw it has a lot of benefits.

Hondacivicforum 240sx club haha

megafandrew 01-27-2009 12:17 PM

I know people say sr are overrated, but that is just simply because everyone with a 240 has one, in my case I recieved my 180sx stock with an sr and I think it is a really solid motor that can handle alot of boost with stock internals that really gets me when people brush of the sr for a rb or ka build but I see why if you are swapping then you might as well. I wouldn't want an 1jz motor unless its in a supra ;P haha enough stealing of chris' thread tho ahaha

x1guy 01-27-2009 01:20 PM

Stock for stock yeah the sr is better then the ka but not by much also 240s don't come with them stock which is the reason people build what they have instead of saving money to swap and then saving more cash to build the stock motor they swapped in.
Out of all the motors available for 240sx to swap the 1jz is best cheapest option for the money spent to hp ratio unless you can get your hands on a 2jz for a decent price.
Sr and rbs don't even compare.
Not tryin to get off topic just givin him some options for motors with power.

reaper2022 01-27-2009 01:39 PM

Personally, I compare the sr20 with the b16. Are they both good motors? Yeah. Are they both capable of putting down some seriously high numbers? Of course. But everyone and their grandma has one, and everyone acts like it's the baddest engine money can buy. I'd just like to stay away from that lol

I'm leaning towards the ca for two reasons: 1) It's just as good an engine as the sr is IMO and 2) they're dirt cheap. $1800 + shipping for a full swap package? Yes, please :D. Of course, that's assuming I have the money to spend on it (meaning my friend actually buys the mustang). I really need to stop planning to spend money that I might not have lol... But anyway, I'm definitely (assuming I don't run into unforeseen problems) getting an s13 when I get my tax return. And yeah, it'll get it's own project thread, too... hopefully I can actually finish the project before my vehicle ADD kicks in again :D

*edit: also, the ca18det in an s13 is almost literally a drop in swap... you can't say the same for a 1jz (and I like doing my own work) :D

x1guy 01-27-2009 04:11 PM

Thats very true lol. Ca is not bad at all i wanna see how your build turns out and i admire your originality since everyones leaning toward sr's and rb's lately and no ones building ca's or ka's. what are your power goals?

addiction2bass 01-27-2009 04:50 PM

dam reap... IMO you need to make up your dam mind and stick with a vehicle. LMFAO
what the longest youve owned one vehicle? ;)

reaper2022 01-27-2009 05:36 PM

lol, hey, I had my civic for 3 years :D

But assuming I even end up swapping to a ca, I'll probably shoot for 250-350rwhp. If I keep the ka (meaning I don't sell the mustang), I'll probably settle for 150-160rwhp, since the handling is more important to me than the actual power (after all, if I keep the ka, I'll still have the mustang lol). Also, I don't want to spend too much money on the car since I still have full intention of buying an m3 in the summer of 2010.

But remember, I don't really want to say my plans are set in stone until I actually get the 240 and start modding it.

Justin13 01-27-2009 07:14 PM

BMW M3? them things are really nice, not sure but i think they have 400+ hp stock

jpnolan 01-27-2009 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by 96 Civic DX (Post 620482)
BMW M3? them things are really nice, not sure but i think they have 400+ hp stock

lol no.
older ones have mid 200s I think the super new ones may have 350