HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Scott's Ek Build: Shaved and Tucked

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 10:37 AM
HCF Member

Alright I got some pics of the carbon fiber stuff. I'm sneaky and I turned the flash on to take the pics so it looks even better haha. It looks insanely clear with the flash on. In person it is still good though. Center console isn't that great but at this point I don't care lol. Passenger side insert still has to be sanded and everything, that'll be probably 2 weeks since I'm lazy.

Sexy:

No cheap vinyl **** here:

Not perfect but still pretty good:

With the flash on:

Picked up a new header. This is a real DC, and with the underbody bracket mount hopefully it'll keep my exhaust from shaking so much. $60:

Not even any flat spots on it, nice and clean. Might try painting it black:

And I haz a questionnnnnn. The bung for the o2 sensor is at the bottom of the header vs right away on the runner on the oem one. Is this going to be a problem if I extend the o2 sensor wires and put the "top" sensor down there? Or will I have to get a bung welded in.

And here's my LIFE UPDATE!!!!!
Just called the service manager at Acura and he said it looks like I will be working there! He's calling me back in 30 min after he talks to human reources and gives em my file and I'll get a for sure answer! PUMPEDDDDD!

Old 08-12-2010, 11:07 AM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

God damnit mann i dont even know if i have a job at fricken applebee's near my college anymore and now your bragging about your awesome job at a dealership already ughhh! FML haha jp man congrats bud!

Old 08-12-2010, 11:09 AM
HCF Member

Hell ya man congratz! i still need to get my lazy *** up to planet honda lol, F working at Home Depot >.< i do so much more work than anyone there and get paid the least.

And to answer your question about the sensor, yes you can extend it. What happened to me is opposite, my megan racing header had the bung in the first runner compared to my stocks down below lol. Just get some longer wires and extend it and just tape em together with some electric wire and you should be good to go.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:33 PM
HCF Member

Alright I've got no problem wiring ****. I Just wanted to make sure it wouldn't matter with its reading. Well I've got the chassis harness' tucked, so now I' can add an o2 sensor wire tuck to the mix now too haha. This header is so much better than the pos I have now, opefully it'll stop my rattling exhaust. And the 1 piece design means no possible midway leak!

And I start next Saturday, couldn't this weekend cause I already had stuff to do. But I begin training next week, work from 8-4:30. And for everyone that works on Saturdays they make a special lunch, like have food legit cooked!

Old 08-12-2010, 08:17 PM
HCF Member

Looks like I should be getting some oem mud flaps all around. Only $30 from a local, he's got one of the more famous civics around here. So pretty much these are going on just to have them be close to the ground, if they get ripped off oh well haha. Okay well I've been looking and ek hatch bumpers are different than coupe/sedan. But is that only on the sides? Is the wavyness of the bumpers the same? I'm assuming his mud guards are for a hatch (he has
a ctr with a k24/k20 in it), so would they be able to fit to my bumper? If not, the rear lip stays, and I'll sell the rears on ht. Rear ahtch mud guards are so rare and worth like $60 alone.

I'm probably going to go and put my dc header in tomorrow too. Once the high school is started I'll go in and use the sand blaster. I took metals classes every year and the teacher lets me come back to use stuff or take some metal haha. So by then I'll blast it and paint it. Yea.

Last edited by Scott53092; 08-12-2010 at 08:30 PM.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:00 AM
HCF Member

dude i cant wait till you get mud flaps put on cause ive been thinkin about gettin some put on mine i just dont wanna look queer.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:53 PM
HCF Member

Alright I put the DC header on today. Damn this thing is nice, 100x better than the pos I had on before. This one actually bolts up to a mount under my car. I'm thinking about sand blasting it and painting it silver since it has little rust spots. My exhaust still rattles which sucks, it doesn't wiggle as far so it isn't as loud outside but inside it vibrates really bad, so I'm not happy. And to make **** even better my axle is leaking AGAIN! I pulled the seal out, RTV'd it, and put it back in. I was leakless for a week and it started leaking again. I don't know what to do at this point. So my attitude right now is f*** my stuupid y8, I want this pos out. I want an h22 or somethin now. Here's pics of the header though.

I had to extend the o2 sensor since it is now mounted at the base of the header:

O2 sensor tuck yo:

Header:

1 piece header yo:

Old 08-13-2010, 10:29 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

So youre upset at your y8 cause ur axle is still leaking and your exhaust vibrates? makes loads of sense!

Im just efffin with you bud lol

Old 08-13-2010, 10:51 PM
HCF Member

Haha this axle is really pissing me off, I've had it out 3 or 4 times now. My throw out bearing is trash on my tranny so it is getting noisy, and the exhaust is driving me crazy lol. One day out of nowhere it started doing this. And I figure I'll be driving like 50 miles round trip to school every day, which means I'd be putting a lot of miles on a turbo kit. So if I swap a factory engine that is unbuilt it is going to last a hell of a lot longer time.

Old 08-14-2010, 06:21 AM
HCF Member

Your D turboed will last just as long as an N/A if its put in correctly.

Quick Reply: Scott's Ek Build: Shaved and Tucked