HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Sov Build Ver. 1.2 - EK Hatch

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 09:43 PM
Default Sov Build Ver. 1.2 - EK Hatch

If you're new to my build, you will need to read the first version. It includes all of the engine and transmission build along with any upgrades to the turbo setup that I had before joining the forums.

It can be found here:
https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_334488/tm.htm

Shortly after this build was finished my car was involved in an accident in which a driver of moronic value ran a stop sign at 40mph and plowed into the passenger side front corner of my coupe.

Car went from this:

To this:

At first I thought this was a bad thing... clearly it would seem I was correct. However upon further inspection I discovered that NONE of my aftermarket parts aside from some cold side charge piping was damaged. The car itself was a total loss, and I have recieved 5000 and the coupe back (which is now rendered a parts car). Being as nothing was damaged, I looked for a new car to start over with, and I found it.

I bought this 1996 CX Hatchback, 5 speed manual transmission, for $300 today.

Plans for the car are as followed, and this post will be updated as often and as frequently as I can, hopefully with pictures too.

Stage 1

The car is a CX, which means no power windows, locks, or mirrors. It is by all means, Honda's below 1965 standards Civic. Rolling down windows is a pain, as is having to open each lock seperately. I have an EX parts car, so we're going to do the full swap to make the car all power. I am also planning on dying the dash and door panels black (read, NOT PAINTING, dying). The car will also need to have the cluster swapped out for the EX one as the CX has no tach (the car has 60whp and a tranny that's geared to the moon, I don't think it CAN reach redline). What will probably need to be done is I'm going to literally have to pull out the entire dash and interior wiring harness along with the door harnesses and replace them with the EX harnesses... hopefully I can use the CX doors and install a window motor but I'm not sure yet until I get a good look at everything involved. But hey, that's what a build thread is for!

Stage 2

Remember that hefty check that the insurance company cut me? I sure do, and althought the coupe looked pretty good, the paint really sucked. It was scratched to hell, was dull, had dings and dents everywhere, what a mess. This one is getting the full makeover. Depending on what I can find when I finish this build, I would LIKE to do a 99-00 front end swap with yellow fogs and SIR headlights. The car needs a new front bumper and driver side fender, so I figure I can probably just replace it with 99-00 parts anyway. CF goodies will include OEM hood, Mugen style front lip, and spoon duckbill with the rear of the car being lastly accented by 99-00 tails. The entire car will be painted championship white (ITR white).

Stage 3

This will be when I swap the built D16Z6 into the hatch along with all of it's turbo components and pieces. I will need to mount the intercooler and cut the bumper before paint, during this time I will also be driving down to the local fab shop to have them redo my cold side piping since it was smashed in the accident. Depending upon what kind of money I have left I may also add an intake manifold, new throttle body, and 1000cc injectors into the mix. The car will then be tuned again by me and then trying again for the power goals that I set earlier.

Stay tuned, this is gonna be bad ***!

Old 07-16-2007, 09:48 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Sov Build Ver. 1.2 - EK Hatch

60 hp to 250whp ftw!

glad to hear you're painting EVERYTHING white and goign with the CF/white color scheme, i nkow its gonna look sick as hell. What about wheels though?

1000cc injectors??? **** Sov, can'tw ait for this thing to be done

Old 07-16-2007, 09:53 PM

Same wheels dude, the car will probably be tucking the Rota's by the end of this week. [8D]

Old 07-16-2007, 10:00 PM
HCF Member

lol this is ridiculous, i honestly get excited inside even thinking about this thread, and its not even my car!!! wtf?! What size injectors u got now? Are 1000cc realy necesarry, like i know you've got 12PSI on a badass boost leak, but what are your final expected numbers, and finaly PSI you are planning to be running? I've never seen anybody run over 450cc injectors, so that seems extreme to me.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:27 PM
HCF Member

$300...holy crap. Auction?

Old 07-16-2007, 10:36 PM
HCF Member

dealrship hook uuuuuuuuuuuup! ^ lucky SOB

Old 07-16-2007, 10:45 PM

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

lol this is ridiculous, i honestly get excited inside even thinking about this thread, and its not even my car!!! wtf?! What size injectors u got now? Are 1000cc realy necesarry, like i know you've got 12PSI on a badass boost leak, but what are your final expected numbers, and finaly PSI you are planning to be running? I've never seen anybody run over 450cc injectors, so that seems extreme to me.
I was tuning 16psi on the street and having around 68% duty cycle, and the car was still a bit lean. I have 780ccs on the car now. The rule of thumb is to be at no more than 75-80% duty cycle in order to prolong the life of the injectors, so I really do need to go bigger although I'm not looking forward to trying to idle out 1000cc lol. Remember I'm shooting for 400whp+ which is going to take about 25-30psi, the 780cc are going to be completely maxed. I would also like to run E85 on this car when it comes out so I need more injector for that anyway.

Lost, no the car was traded in at the dealer that my dad works at for $100. I asked about it just to see what kinda price they would give me, they decided to give me it for $300. Keys please? [8D]

Old 07-16-2007, 10:50 PM
HCF Member

Championship White FTW! I like that color. I cannot wait to see the final product.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:53 PM
HCF Member

400 at the wheels, is that the highest here on HCF? I see you over on TurboD16 quite a bit, i know theres some heavy setups over here, but i dont think i can remember anyoneh ere on HCF with 400+ is there?

Old 07-16-2007, 11:01 PM
HCF Member

you wouldn't be interested in getting rid of the coupe or hatch doors would you complete with panels?

Quick Reply: Sov Build Ver. 1.2 - EK Hatch