HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

trustdestruction's Civic del Sol Si Project

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 04:58 PM
Recognized HCF Member

you never know you might not even have a ridge to clean off. you wont know until you pull the head.

Old 09-09-2009, 04:59 PM

alright

Old 09-09-2009, 06:45 PM
HCF Member

i figure that people see my car all the time and i show it off at my buddies shop to anyone and it sits in my driveway

if anyones gonna steal it they probably would from seeing it roll around or when i show it off not from a forum

and btw the forum seems to be mainly south FL based like west palm and miami

Old 09-09-2009, 06:47 PM

oh ok.

But still, on a forum you post your mod list usually, such as in your garage. Then if the potential thief looks in your garage at your mod list, he knows exactly what you have and can even read up on how to remove it... thus making it quicker for him to steal.

I'm not really as paranoid as I sound, but I do try to keep a somewhat low profile in the area as far as my car is concerned. Though, I do feel that with a del Sol I am slightly less vulnerable though considering most thieves probably don't realize that the parts are mostly just like a Civic, and a lot of people think del Sols are ugly so that works to my advantage also lol.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 09-09-2009 at 07:03 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:12 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
oh ok.

But still, on a forum you post your mod list usually, such as in your garage. Then if the potential thief looks in your garage at your mod list, he knows exactly what you have and can even read up on how to remove it... thus making it quicker for him to steal.

^thats true

I'm not really as paranoid as I sound, but I do try to keep a somewhat low profile in the area as far as my car is concerned. Though, I do feel that with a del Sol I am slightly less vulnerable though considering most thieves probably don't realize that the parts are mostly just like a Civic, and a lot of people think del Sols are ugly so that works to my advantage also lol.
i think the same might go for crx's a little bit

Old 09-11-2009, 06:56 PM

Got this today from Danomatic93. Traded him the complete HF manifold and stuff for an H-brace and some cash.

I shall attempt to install it tomorrow.

Old 09-11-2009, 07:03 PM
HCF Member

now where does that go?

Old 09-11-2009, 09:05 PM

It goes where a front lower tie bar goes, and then the other end attaches to the bottom of the subframe.

I got anxious and went ahead and installed it. It's dark out so the pics suck.

Part of it touches the cat flange, just barely, but it doesn't rattle. The edge of the flange could actually be bent just a tiny bit and it would make them no longer touch. Either that or I could have another exhaust hanger installed, which would raise the exhaust in that area probably by about a CM or two (i'll probably do the latter). I'll get that done when I have my downpipe made (well, modified... the turbo is coming with a downpipe that will need slight modification to fit with my manifold since the person who had it made was using an HF manifold).

New wiper arms come Saturday, i'll take some pics. Easy-installation parts FTW!

Last edited by trustdestruction; 09-11-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:44 AM
HCF Member

Let me know how the car handles with that H-brace on there. Its good that you are used to not having anything, instead of switching from a tie bar, this way if it causes a noticable change you will feel it.

Old 09-12-2009, 02:24 PM

new wiper arms

Quick Reply: trustdestruction's Civic del Sol Si Project