HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

trustdestruction's Civic del Sol Si Project

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 04:21 PM

don't worry, the nuts are huge
lol

Old 10-31-2008, 04:44 PM

So today I sound deadened the entire underside of the car and the rest of the wheelwells, sealed the area where the trunk vents meet the body (they were leaking water into my trunk... not good), and repainted my wiper arms flat black. At the store I bought some new wiper blades (teflon), new water pump, and a compression tester.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 07-30-2009 at 09:08 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:35 PM

Today I replaced the timing belt, timing belt tensioner, water pump, alternator, and then did a coolant system flush.
Sorry I don't have any pictures, I didn't want to stop to take them because I wanted to get the whole thing over with.
Everything went smoothly for the most part, until I went to replace the alternator... The bottom bolt that the alternator pivots on was gone. I think that had caused the alternator to sit funny and the bearing to go bad inside of it. Anyway, I found a bolt that works there, but I will be ordering a new OEM one and will swap it out real quick when I get it.
Then the rest went smoothly again until I put it back together and then was cleaning up, and found a part I had missed. So I had to loosen the drive belts and remove the pulley again. The part I forgot to put back on was the metal shim thing that goes in between the oil pump gear and pulley. It's on now though and everything is fine. Started it up, and the engine purrs like a kitten. I am now very relieved not having to worry about my timing belt snapping, now that I know when it has been replaced, and that I won't have to do it again for a long time. 105k miles is a long time, and I am glad for that.

I'm gonna tint my taillights in a couple days, and then I will start saving money for the turbo project.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:59 PM

Alright, just did a compression test.
Cyl. 1 = 200
Cyl. 2 = 195
Cyl. 3 = 196
Cyl. 4 = 195

Also, tinted my taillights. Thank you to everyone who helped me with it.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 07-30-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:01 PM
HCF Member

What do your tail lights look like with the foot on the brake? Looking Very clean btw. Keep it up! and didn't you say you had an Si badge coming?

Old 11-05-2008, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by xsteinbachx
What do your tail lights look like with the foot on the brake? Looking Very clean btw. Keep it up! and didn't you say you had an Si badge coming?
Thanks
With the foot on the brake they shine bright enough to easily see, but that's only because I have a pair of $30 really bright LED taillight bulbs from superbrightleds.com
The Si badge probably isn't going to happen, I ordered it a long time ago and it never came and paypal rejected my claim. I am no longer interested in an Si badge. However, I am getting some metallic black Honda emblems soon. (the H's)

Old 11-07-2008, 12:13 PM
HCF Member

nicely done on the tails. now that i get to see the rear side of the del sol, i think the black H logo would look better.

Old 11-07-2008, 01:31 PM
HCF Member

tails look nice, makes the back of your car much more stealthy

Old 11-07-2008, 02:05 PM

thanks guys
i'm ordering the black honda badges tomorrow from honda and a couple other small parts (a plastic insert that holds the targa in place, mine is worn and causes the roof to rattle, a bolt for the alternator, and a dash light wedge bulb socket), and a passwordjdm magnetic oil drain plug from basbal

Today I installed some new front brake pads again because they had worn funny because of a bent caliper bolt and I have now replaced that bolt so now the new ones should wear good. I got wagner ceramic pads

Old 11-12-2008, 11:20 PM
Default Turbo Project List

edited my first post to include the Turbo Project List

Quick Reply: trustdestruction's Civic del Sol Si Project