HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

The ugly duckling (a Sol story)

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 08:28 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: The ugly duckling (a Sol story)

got some damn good potential

Old 04-18-2007, 10:04 PM
HCF Member

just updated the front page with a mod list
[align=left] [/align]

Old 04-19-2007, 08:18 PM
HCF Member

[align=left]I just finished reinstalling the gauge cluster since i did the change, and i have to say i like it. It lights up around the speedo and tach circle red and whiteish, hard to explain, if anybody wants to see picture post it here and ill get one or 2 and post them and if anybody wants to do thiers, let me know.

Todd
[/align][align=left] [/align]

Old 04-22-2007, 08:31 PM
HCF Member

hey yall, dont know how this will work or not,but im going to try to put a poll up here, i need hlp choosing a paint job, its almost certainly going to be 2 toned, black i going to be one color for sure to help the interior match and give me more option, but what about the other color?? Im taking many sugestions from people, but if yall want to vote and maybe leave a response here about maybe what tone of the color you were thinking, that might help me with my decision.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 04-22-2007, 08:36 PM
HCF Member

how about all black, with black rims and everything, do your interior all black, with all red fabric, like the headliner, armrest, carpet, seats, floormats, etc. i really don't like del sol's, but i think that combo would look killer.

Old 04-22-2007, 08:39 PM
HCF Member

yeh, that would look hot, but its been done before ya know. I like kinda going in different directions, but i dont want anything too crazy, just eye catching. Around here, black on black is common (what with all the "gangstas" in the escalades, lol)
[align=left] [/align]

Old 04-22-2007, 08:43 PM
HCF Member

these days, NOTHING, and i mean nothing is new and original in the automotive department, but there are a few exceptions (<.00001%)i'm just saying i'd rather have a nice car than just something that's "original" but doesn't suit your taste. in the end, it's your decision, b/c ur buying and drivin'.

Old 04-22-2007, 08:47 PM
HCF Member

i like this project i think blacked out would like ill on that del sol though, black paint, black rims w/ polisehd lip, tinted, some HIDs and boosted, damn

Old 04-23-2007, 06:17 AM
HCF Member

lol, i hear ya, but frankly to come out with it, i dont have the money to paint it black, did you take a look at the damage on there, there is even more little bits here and there. Now i can fix it up and get it fixed up to the point where its great quality, but black paint, every single little flaw is going to look huge in the light, 2 toned color offset it a bit and a brighter color up top will really take away from it. I agree with the black on black though, it is hottttt

Also looks like red is in the lead, just so everyone knows, im not going like bright red/ colors. Itll be more like a darker crimson shade for the red.[align=left] [/align]

Old 04-23-2007, 08:48 AM

your original paint is the same on my del sol paradise blue green pearl...there fun lil cars had the top off yesterday cruisin around and gsr under there would make it snappy...

Quick Reply: The ugly duckling (a Sol story)