HCF Suggestion / Forum Help Center This section is for suggestions and help pertaining to the forum, not for help with a car.

flaming newbies

Old 08-19-2005, 03:35 PM
HCF Member
Default flaming newbies

ok, i just got a comment to make, i noticed somtimes when newbies (mostly) ask questions on certian things that people think is "rice" ,some people if any will help them out, but then 1 person will say how its rice and then like 10 other people will back him up just flaming that guy when hes new to the forum and dosent no whats going on and i think thats how people dont come back or get intimidated to post questions, i have seen alot of forums that you make a spelling mistake or u ask a bad question or post a pic of your car and everyone just makes fun of that guy so bad. HCF is not like that at all, we always give good comments and help everyone out, i just noticed that sometimes newbies get it to hard if they ask or say something that we think is "rice"....

Old 08-19-2005, 03:52 PM
Administrator
Default RE: flaming newbies

after all, if we brought a member of a, say mustang or f body forum, in here, they would call EVERYTHING rice...

Old 08-19-2005, 04:15 PM
HCF Member

Making comments is so Rice. Just kiddn' MIll$.

Quotes would come in handy here because you obviously have a certain thread in mind. Call me on something and I will gladly apologize for flaming a newb or scold whomever else did.

But the fact remains, some things are going to get the Rice card. You are right, it is our job to help those less educated and sometimes it does come off a little harsh to newbies, but when asking for opinions on something people should expect the positive as well as any negative or less than favorable responses. Every post on here is subject to review by every member. This has got to be the least flamingest forum on the entire internet. Even when there is a hint of flamage, it's just poking fun and a newb may not know it yet.

Old 08-19-2005, 04:30 PM
HCF Member

ture ture street sniper, this has to be the least flamingist forum on the web, thats one of the things that make it so great, and ya its all fun on here.i never see anyone getting to pissed of at eachother lol..but ya,i just posted this just so it stays the least flamingist forum on the web and we get many more members

Old 08-19-2005, 05:46 PM
Cat Fuсker

I can tell you though that we have lost a few members through this...I personally will try to post in such threads to at least try to help out...

Old 08-19-2005, 09:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Patrick

after all, if we brought a member of a, say mustang or f body forum, in here, they would call EVERYTHING rice...

i dont call everything rice

and not all gets called rice but we all get sick of seeing threads about the ebay chips, air tornados, and electric superchargers.

Old 08-19-2005, 09:28 PM
HCF Member

and its hard to convey that we arent usually "flaming", its just taken that way. we're usually trying to stop someone from doing something they will regret later on. but peopel are just so used to seeing flaming, thats what it seems like. usually.