HCF Suggestion / Forum Help Center This section is for suggestions and help pertaining to the forum, not for help with a car.

Forum is acting like it's on drugs...

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 12:39 PM
HCF Member

Ron, I tried viewing HCF on my iPod touch and the forum dose not work. but work fine in FF on my desktop and laptop (XP and Vista).

And yes teh albums thing is weird.

Old 03-22-2009, 05:57 PM

Let's face it. The site is broken and the owners of the forum don't care. None of the high and mighty administrators will read this, much less give us a status update of what is broken and when it will be fixed.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:17 AM
August 2010 ROTM

So we have a lot of helpful members, who are ready to leave because of this problem? I know I sure am. It's a shame that we have a site full of helpful people, and information, and it's about to go down the drain because the owners of the site won't fix the problems, or even just provide us with information on what's going wrong. Come on now, if it wasn't for us forum posters, this site wouldn't exist, and we're getting left in the dark, with no clue what's going on. Kinda messed up, if you ask me.

I've tried IE, Firefox, and Safari (I'm on a Mac,) and the site won't even load on anything except Firefox, and it's still screwy on there.

Let's get this fixed before we lose any more members!

Last edited by jwmm04; 03-23-2009 at 08:23 AM.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:16 AM
Recognized HCF Member

I wonder whether the bad state of the U.S. economy has also had a large negative impact on HCF and its owners. I presume that HCF continues to be a financial venture that operates in the red and that the owners may no longer be able to absorb the loss. Just a thought.

Old 03-23-2009, 05:13 PM
Stinky Administrator

Originally Posted by itinerant
Let's face it. The site is broken and the owners of the forum don't care. None of the high and mighty administrators will read this, much less give us a status update of what is broken and when it will be fixed.
i'm not high and mighty, and ive reported this a dozen times with no response so i'm as much in the dark about this as you all are.

Old 03-23-2009, 05:20 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Originally Posted by Peg_Leg
...ive reported this a dozen times with no response so i'm as much in the dark about this as you all are.
That's what I guessed. Peg, should members with these problems try PM'ing Patrick?

Old 03-23-2009, 05:28 PM
Stinky Administrator

Originally Posted by RonJ
That's what I guessed. Peg, should members with these problems try PM'ing Patrick?
i'll try and im him on aim the next few days and see whats up.

Old 03-23-2009, 05:30 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Originally Posted by Peg_Leg
i'll try and im him on aim the next few days and see whats up.
Thanks Peg. Don't go on strike! We need you.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:16 PM
Administrator

heres the thing...over the past few months, these problems have been going on not just at HCF, but at many of my VB sites.

the problem with troubleshooting these issues is that they are so sporadic. for instance, I almost never have the page load problems that some people are reporting (and again, this applies to all of my sites, not just HCF), but I DO have the gallery issues at some of the other sites.

There have been a bunch of little "bugs" that have had to be worked out over the past few weeks...i see from this thread that those having problems have even had the issues come and go, so right now, within the last week or so, what problems are people having? (please be as specific as possible). Once i can figure out which problems are still going on now, i can take the problems to the tech team and hopefully get things ironed out..

Old 03-23-2009, 07:29 PM

Patrick, as of right now:
-99% of the time, I cannot view the complete home page.
-Garage page does not load (none of them, not even the edit pages).
-Photo Galleries or individual image pages do not load.
-I cannot post using the "New Reply" page. I can only use quick reply. The "New Reply" page loads but after you click "submit" (or whatever it says) the page does nothing, as if you didn't even click. Everything on the New Reply page looks normal, but no buttons work (bold, italics, hyperlink, submit, etc.).
-Profile Page layouts are odd
EDIT: oh, and the same thing as the "New Reply" page issue happens on the "advanced edit" page. This stuff also happens on the page you use to make a new thread (making us unable to submit a new thread). In the advanced edit and new thread pages, the thread title bar is missing too.

Links to screenshots of what i'm talking about:
Home page
Garage
Photo Album

Last edited by trustdestruction; 03-23-2009 at 07:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Forum is acting like it's on drugs...