HCF Suggestion / Forum Help Center This section is for suggestions and help pertaining to the forum, not for help with a car.

Forum is acting like it's on drugs...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 07:50 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Trust, are those problems specific to a browser, such as Safari? I notice that pages fail to load in Safari but FireFox works fine. And you are on a Mac platform like me, right?

Old 03-23-2009, 07:54 PM

internet explorer on another computer does the same thing. but yes, i'm on safari on a mac osx leopard, fully updated.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:12 PM
HCF Member

I am defiantly having the picture viewing issues. I see the slide show at the top and say "hey that looks neat" click it and get the access denied message.

I am also pretty sure this page did not load on my iPod touch (so iPhone too) but I will try again tomorrow, it is charging right now.

NO other problems really.

I use Firefox on this computer (fully upgraded XP pro) and My Laptop (Fully Upgrade Vista Home Premium 64bit) and have no issue other then the photo one.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:36 PM

Thank you for finally directly responding Patrick.

These issues are mostly exclusive to Internet Explorer, and to a lesser degree Safari, Opera, and Firefox. Firefox has almost no issues with the site, but from time to time I still can't do anything with the garage or photo albums.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by itinerant
These issues are mostly exclusive to Internet Explorer, and to a lesser degree Safari, Opera, and Firefox.
Safari is just as bad.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:55 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Originally Posted by itinerant
Thank you for finally directly responding Patrick.

These issues are mostly exclusive to Internet Explorer, and to a lesser degree Safari, Opera, and Firefox. Firefox has almost no issues with the site, but from time to time I still can't do anything with the garage or photo albums.
What platform are you on?

Old 03-23-2009, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by RonJ
What platform are you on?
Unfortunately, Windows XP SP3

Old 03-24-2009, 07:05 AM
Administrator

so in short, it doesnt make any difference as to what browser or OS, its happening sporadically to everyone, but more severe on IE? at the other sites, many of the problems that we were having were specific to IE. trust, those images are excellent. thank you.

i think that the problem with the images is linked to the problem with the garage. if some of you visit this gallery, what do you see?
https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...hp?albumid=659

those who CAN get their garage page to load, is that feature working properly?

Old 03-24-2009, 07:07 AM

Firefox/WinXP-SP3 enviromnent: I get exactly this:

vBulletin Message itinerant, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Patrick
so in short, it doesnt make any difference as to what browser or OS, its happening sporadically to everyone, but more severe on IE?
IE and Safari are pretty much equally affected.

Not sure about Opera, I don't use it... it sucks as it is.

Originally Posted by Patrick
if some of you visit this gallery, what do you see?
https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...hp?albumid=659
"vBulletin Message
Invalid Album specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

That was the second time I clicked it and onward. The first time I clicked it, it said that there were no pictures in the album.

I have never gotten either of these messages before when viewing an album. Usually the page would be blank, like the pictures I linked to in my earlier post.

I would like to add that oddly, I was just now able to submit this post using the "New Reply" page.

Quick Reply: Forum is acting like it's on drugs...