HCF Suggestion / Forum Help Center This section is for suggestions and help pertaining to the forum, not for help with a car.

Hcf slow for iPhone users?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 09:26 AM
HCF Member
Default Hcf slow for iPhone users?

I jump on a lot of forums using my iPhone, as I am now, and I can't help but notice every time I'm on Hcf that everything is slower. Page loading takes a bit, typing posts lags significantly, submitting posts would freeze for several seconds, and it takes forever to correct mistakes while typing due to the lagging.

For example, it's taking forever and is quite frustrating for me to make this new thread. And it only happens for Hcf, none of the other forums I frequent behave like this.

So, any other iPhone users encounter this?

Old 09-27-2010, 05:39 PM

ditto

Old 09-28-2010, 09:00 AM
HCF Member

Its not just iPhones - my HTC TouchPro2 using Opera is the same way. Being a web-programmer I can offer a little insight as to why this is happening. Many of the objects on the pages on HCF are links to other sites (i.e. images, ads, etc) and many things are updated dynamically (again, like the ads). All of these different bandwidth pipes overloads the relatively small processors of phones and the rendering of the browsers (relative to desktops and laptops).

Mike