HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   HCF Suggestion / Forum Help Center (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/hcf-suggestion-forum-help-center-15/)
-   -   Parts and Comments....... (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/hcf-suggestion-forum-help-center-15/parts-comments-11001/)

ngoti 8tor 10-03-2005 03:53 PM

Parts and Comments.......

Here's the idea:

Have a section for each generation of Civic, then let people post a part (eg. AEM CAI, DC Sports 4-2-1 header, etc) and they can give a comment or two about the part (whether it be good or bad), place either a picture or a link to a picture of the part, how much they paid, and where they purchased it.

This would save the HCF members a lot of time, searching, and asking around. A member could look up their generation of Civic, then go to a certain part and find out any info about it.

Note: If someone posts anything other than pertinent info, have a mod delete it so that there's only helpful info, no garbage or wisecracks.

Forty04 10-04-2005 07:41 AM

RE: Parts and Comments.......

this isn't a bad idea. It would be just like the swaps section, split up into gen. Then we wouldnt have all the "will this part fit this year.." blah blah blah..

Chimera02EX 10-04-2005 08:12 AM

+1
Definately good idea.

ngoti 8tor 10-04-2005 10:51 AM

This is just a general idea, I'm sure we could all have input and make it great.

Patrick 10-04-2005 11:08 AM

do you mean like a brand review section?

ngoti 8tor 10-04-2005 12:01 PM

Here's an example:

I have a 2005 Civic LX, and I wanna put on strut bars.

So where do I start?
I can go into the 7th Generation section and look through and read about different people's experiences with different types of strut bars. I would also be able to see a picture of them, get an idea of a price, hopefully find different links for them, find out the pros or cons of them, fitment (whether they bolted right on or needed some adjustment), and then choose which one I wanted to purchase, if I wanted to purchase it at all.

sacicons 10-04-2005 10:54 PM

yeah, like a part review, seperated by generation, then by item, then by brand name.

ngoti 8tor 10-05-2005 08:21 AM

Is it possible?

Patrick 10-05-2005 02:58 PM

well, there is a new 'Review" section being added...its in beta testing now...

but i think that your idea is much better...HOWEVER..if im going to add this section, i need someone to volunteer to monitor it...nothing is to be posted that isnt a review..we need someone to develop guidelines for the section

ngoti 8tor 10-05-2005 08:26 PM

Yeh, it could be a real good section and a lot of help to all the members if we can keep all the crap out of it. No silly comments or posts, and have a mod delete anything they think doesn't fit in.
Also, no post unless it fulfils certain criteria like part name, either a picture or a link (preferred), what the member thought of it, cost, and fitment.