HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   HCF Suggestion / Forum Help Center (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/hcf-suggestion-forum-help-center-15/)
-   -   A Problem we have here at HCF (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/hcf-suggestion-forum-help-center-15/problem-we-have-here-hcf-71886/)

trustdestruction 12-04-2008 04:47 PM

A Problem we have here at HCF

Alright, I see a lot of good DIYs get written up and not put in the DIY section. For example, here are 3 of those right off the top of my head.
We have these nice DIYs that never get moved into the section. I know that it's not that important, but really, why not move these DIYs into the DIY section? I don't know about you guys, but when I go to another forum and they have tons of DIYs, it really makes them look a lot more organized and helpful, and makes me want to stick around to learn stuff.

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=71092

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=64300

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=69903

Marty 12-04-2008 04:51 PM

I am going to write up a DIY on how to make cotton candy, and if it is not in the DIY section I will be pissed.

ej6buddy 12-04-2008 04:59 PM

^haha, I might as well make a couple on how to cook..

croninc 12-04-2008 05:47 PM

seriously tho trust has a point, and also, NOT all but some of the diy lack pictures and details. I was looking thru some of them last night and had know idea what was going on. Think there should be some stricter rules on making them.

trustdestruction 12-04-2008 05:51 PM

I'm pretty sure the picture links went down when we switched forum programs. I don't think there's anything we can do about it.

reaper2022 12-04-2008 06:48 PM

That and some of the links are probably broken due to people tidying up their photobucket/imageshack/etc accounts.

Anyway, I moved the threads into the Interior DIY section; if you find any more DIYs that need to be in the section, let me or any of the other mods/admins know and we'll move it.

*edit: I'd also like to see more product reviews on the forum... it would help with a lot of the newer members' questions of what to get.

Marty 12-04-2008 07:15 PM

I could do a few product reviews of universal type items when I buy them for the Mustang like tires, audio, seats, and so on. Mainly reviews of the companies themselves on customer support, fit and finish, so on and so forth.

reaper2022 12-04-2008 07:26 PM

Yeah, that'd be good. When I get time, I'm probably going to see if I can't do a product review or two for my old civic out of memory. Ground Controls, Summit Racing cross-drilled & slotted rotors, Hedman Chikara header, lip kits, etc. come to mind :D

We should have a talk with our friendly neighborhood admins to see if we can't get a universal product review section put in for things like tires and such :D

Marty 12-04-2008 07:32 PM

I'd like to see a universal section about cars outside of the civic world. Never can be to informed and plus it would open some peoples eyes outside of Honda. On top of that it would spur alot of good tech talk, all beit about cars in general but learning is never a bad thing IMO.

croninc 12-04-2008 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by trustdestruction (Post 608542)
I'm pretty sure the picture links went down when we switched forum programs. I don't think there's anything we can do about it.

o well that explains it.

reaper2022 12-04-2008 07:44 PM

Yeah, a general automotive discussion forum would be nice. It always feels awkward when I want to make a post about my mustang and I have my choice of posting in OT or one of the technical forums (which is awkward in itself, posting about a mustang in, say, appearance, for example lol). Especially considering the fact that many of the older members don't even have civics anymore. I think it would spark a lot of new activity, as well as hopefully drawing in new members. Another idea I think would be nice would be a photoshoot section. I know we have picture threads and everything, but a dedicated photoshoot forum would be awesome :D

I'll have to bring up the subjects at the next family meeting :D

Seriously, we should run the ideas past an admin or two... if they agree about the ideas being good, they could run it by patrick.

trustdestruction 12-04-2008 07:59 PM

I really like the sound of all these ideas. I don't have anything besides a Honda, but it sure would be nice to learn about other members' non-honda cars without even having to leave HCF.

My04Civic 12-05-2008 07:08 AM

working on it..thanks guys

texasmade 12-08-2008 02:12 PM

lol kinda defeats the purpose of HONDA forum idk...

reaper2022 12-08-2008 03:54 PM

[facepalm][/facepalm]

you do realize there are quite a few older members that don't have civics anymore, right? We stay around because we still know quite about hondas and like to help the newer members. Besides, there are other good cars besides civics out there... you're telling me civics are the only cars anyone here is interested in learning about? Not trying to come off as douche or anything, but it's not exactly a civic nazi forum here.

Anyway, keep us updated james :D

Marty 12-08-2008 05:04 PM

I agree, whats a person supposed to do when they have found a group of people that are cool on a forum, just pick up and go to another forum? I'm not done with Honda's, I'm sure I'll get another one in the future. Getting on other forums is like wearing somebody else's underware.....sure you can do it, but it's still uncomfortable.

addiction2bass 12-08-2008 05:09 PM

ya when the forum was updated ALL the old pictures encoded some how got screwed up :(
i tried to fix afew of my threads but after so long i kinda forget where my pictures are at. :(

to bad... but it happened no way to fix unless everyone edits there thread and thats imposible seeing how most old ones are no longer...
o well hopefully others can contribute and rebuild ;)

texasmade 12-10-2008 09:13 AM

goodness reaper lol i understand im all for adding a section for other cars !!! woot

reaper2022 12-10-2008 12:19 PM

lol yeah, I'm just saying that just because it's a civic forum doesn't mean the members without civics shouldn't be able to have their own section :D

And yeah, sorry if I came off as a harda** or anything... I've had a few less than positive comments about me having a mustang on a civic forum lol

315 Customs 12-10-2008 01:15 PM

^^ a V6 mustang!!!!

addiction2bass 12-10-2008 01:27 PM

LOL ur mustang on a civic forum ;)

if all goes well i might be swaping my 99civic for a 97 chevy C1500 extended cab pickup.... i do miss my old truck that i used to have so the fair trade sounds good im really hoping the guy goes for the trade. i really miss my old truck.LOL i just sold it because i couldnt afford to drive that sucker daily.... and now that i have another civic again so i could afford to drive a truck every now and then ;)
and its got the 5.7 and my old truck only had the 5.0
ill still be on this forum of course since i still will have a civic to heavily modify ;)

Marty 12-10-2008 05:23 PM

I have a Mustang and am on a civic forum. I get no **** from anyone.

reaper2022 12-22-2008 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Marty (Post 609714)
I have a Mustang and am on a civic forum. I get no **** from anyone.

You've had your mustang for what, like two months now?

And I've had to deal with some rather disrespectful characters. Actually, I wish I didn't delete the pm one of the n00bs sent me a few months back... your jaw would've dropped if you'd have seen how much of an a**hole he was being, based solely on the idea that all mustang drivers are douchebags and think their cars are freaking race cars (aren't stereotypes fun?)

Anyway, another idea for HCF: more DIY sections... I have two in mind: maybe an electronics DIY for things like lighting and everything, and maybe a suspension DIY?

addiction2bass 12-22-2008 02:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
REMEMBER..... IF YOU GET EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS you have the email.... unless you deleted that also ;)

P.S. ford SUCKS < chevy rules ;)
Attachment 23092

LOL j/k tho i must say since i got my truck well ive burned WAY TO MUCH TIRE TREAD OFF ALREADY ;) and :(
i havent roasted so much rubber since i drove my 66impala!

reaper2022 12-22-2008 03:52 PM

I delete the email notifications when I get them... in retrospect, it's probably not the greatest habit lol

Marty 12-22-2008 04:36 PM

I would have tried to get a 00 or 01 model truck if I got one....I still like Chevy better though even though I drive a Mustang.

ej6buddy 12-22-2008 04:39 PM

yeah, i like the later models, my dad has a 99 silverado, and i dig it.

trustdestruction 12-22-2008 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by reaper2022 (Post 611822)
Anyway, another idea for HCF: more DIY sections... I have two in mind: maybe an electronics DIY for things like lighting and everything, and maybe a suspension DIY?

Yea we need less broad DIY sections
as of now, everything related to suspension or engine or anything having to do with the actual "car" aspect of the car is in drivetrain