Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

05 Civic Coupe LX Cold Air Intake AVALIBILITY

Old 10-11-2005, 05:45 PM
Default 05 Civic Coupe LX Cold Air Intake AVALIBILITY

HEY, it's me again----------------breakin stones------------

HERE IT IS----------------please help.........................

__________________________________________________ _________________________________________________

What's the deal ?

I am using this Forum to gain knowledge about my new 05 CIVIC COUPE LX --- but recently I've been getting more & more confused from the posts & info provided.

I found a post in the classified section, one of you guy's out there is trying to sell me a "a polished cold air intake with K&N filter" for my vehicle, (05 civic coupe LX SE) ----------he goes on to say "If you are putting it on a '05 Honda Civic LX 1.7L I4 2dr Coupe, it will fit perfectly."

The problem is there are several of you telling me there is no such modification avalible, that a CAI does not exsist for my car.......

Can somebody clear this up for me, THANKS AGAIN.

TECHNICIAN[:@]

Old 10-11-2005, 06:26 PM
Default RE: 05 Civic Coupe LX Cold Air Intake AVALIBILITY

Some manufacturers call them a CAI, but it's actually a SRI. Some place the filter behind the bumper to get the cooler air, but it's still inside the engine bay. Some place the filter in the engine bay, but have a shield between the engine and the filter to try to keep the hot air away from the filter.

I haven't seen or heard of a CAI yet that actually has the filter outside of the engine bay for a 7th generation Civic (01-05).