Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

1999 Honda Intake

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 03:09 PM
HCF Member
Smile 1999 Honda Intake

I was looking through the site, and some of the pictures that have been linked for the AEM intake no longer work, I've also looked around on youtube, and i cant find a sound clip.

My friend has a 1997 i accidentally put 1999 Honda with a little bit over 100k do you guys recommend he get the intake, or is it pushing it at that mileage, and does anyone have a sound clip.

Last edited by maverick0923; 08-27-2008 at 09:38 AM.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:19 PM
HCF Member

Don't worry about sound so much. It's not like it adds some type of ROARING sound, just a slightly louder hum when you accelerate.
And, 100k isn't that much either, I mean come on, it's a Honda!
As long as your friend treats her right, regular maintanence, proper interval replacements, etc. you can get her to last 200k plus

Old 08-26-2008, 06:00 PM
HCF Member

cold air intakes dont do anything...

Old 08-26-2008, 06:33 PM
HCF Member

Well croninc, where is your proof? You've claimed alot that CAIs don't do anything, but you've never shown any proof.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:20 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by macbeth18288
Don't worry about sound so much. It's not like it adds some type of ROARING sound, just a slightly louder hum when you accelerate.
And, 100k isn't that much either, I mean come on, it's a Honda!
As long as your friend treats her right, regular maintanence, proper interval replacements, etc. you can get her to last 200k plus
Thanks for the reply, I'm really not worried about the noise, i have one on my Altima and it roars after 3k. Is there any known issues after installing an WAI on a 1999 Honda Civic LX, any maf issues?

Originally Posted by croninc
cold air intakes dont do anything...
I don't remember ever mentioning a CAI, there are gains with either a CAI or WAI even though minimal there is gain.

Last edited by maverick0923; 08-26-2008 at 08:26 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:37 PM

I'm very happy with my AEM V2 intake for my 99 DX, though it cost a bunch ($300). It made a difference in the way the motor sounds, and goes well with modified exhaust. I did feel a slight increase in power in the mid RPM range. I should know, since I've been driving this car since it was new! Exactly how much is power you gain is difficult to say, probably just a few hp. My motor has 121K on it, btw. It was a fun project putting the V2 on since I had to swap a motor mount and trim away at some of the molding in front of the right front wheel. It doesn't look like the intake in your picture will be quite that involved, though (and probably less expensive). I say, "go for it."

Old 08-26-2008, 08:42 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by q-dog
I'm very happy with my AEM V2 intake for my 99 DX, though it cost a bunch ($300). It made a difference in the way the motor sounds, and goes well with modified exhaust. I did feel a slight increase in power in the mid RPM range. I should know, since I've been driving this car since it was new! Exactly how much is power you gain is difficult to say, probably just a few hp. My motor has 121K on it, btw. It was a fun project putting the V2 on since I had to swap a motor mount and trim away at some of the molding in front of the right front wheel. It doesn't look like the intake in your picture will be quite that involved, though (and probably less expensive). I say, "go for it."
Thanks for the reply I'm going to push my friend so he buys this tomorrow lol, he already has an account here i just can't remember his ID, I'll have him post pics soon.

Thanks again for your input.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:46 PM
HCF Member

for a civic, 100,000 isn't that much. i say go for, never hurts to add an intake system. may even help gas mileage a bit. don't expect extra horses. as for the sound you can hear some hissing and a bit louder engine sound.
here is a sound clip from a civic with AEM if you still want it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbGtfwLjReE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68LPW...eature=related

Old 08-26-2008, 09:02 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by sfazngiants
for a civic, 100,000 isn't that much. i say go for, never hurts to add an intake system. may even help gas mileage a bit. don't expect extra horses. as for the sound you can hear some hissing and a bit louder engine sound.
here is a sound clip from a civic with AEM if you still want it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbGtfwLjReE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68LPW...eature=related
Awesome thanks for the sound clips now i can give my friend an idea of what it sounds like

Old 08-26-2008, 10:49 PM
HCF Member

no problem, do you have an altima and you join the forum to ask questions about your friends civic? just wondering because you have an altima in our sig

Quick Reply: 1999 Honda Intake