Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

for a 2005 civic

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 11:30 AM
HCF Member
Default for a 2005 civic

hi guys

i have a 2005 honda civic ex, 1.7L auto tranny
i have a few questions about the IHE setup

first of intake, when referring to intake thats the air intake correct? i have heard about an intake manifold, but i have no idea what that is.

intake questions, the aemv2 overhyped? sounds interesting but what im worried about is getting water stuck in it when it rains/snows. is it really a big problem? should i just get a short ram?

for headers? i heard good things about megan, cheap and good, is that correct? any other reccomendations.

and finally exhaust,
i really liked the magnaflow sound clips, is that good? are there cheaper ones that are also good? i also heard good things about the apexi, any ideas.

i also have an auto tranny like i said are tehre going to be any problems with any of these?

thanks

Old 01-31-2008, 11:41 AM
raz
HCF Member
Default RE: for a 2005 civic

Good luck fellow Nub

Ok for your intake.. thats refering to your Air intake. That the big plastic box on the Left side of your engine bay that connects to your throttle body.
AEM V2 IMO is very over hyped.
In our vehs I just stuck with ebay intakes since our cars are not going to get more than 1-3 HP from a intake alone..if that

As far as MagnaFlow. Thats the set up I have, I love it. Its quiet when i need it to be, and screams when I floor it. Good quality Though I would Make sure you have rust protection on the Exhaust tips

As far as the header I have heard many good things about Megan for our gen civic.
I have heard negative things about DC tho.. that they crack at the welds..

Good luck in whatever you decide to do

Old 01-31-2008, 12:30 PM
HCF Member

When we refer to intake usally it is the air intake,

I think the AEM V2 is a good quality intake, not really overhyped because it produces great resluts....i wouldnt put any ebay products in my car, I firmly believe you get what you pay for.

I choose megan, i have the same car as you.....AWESOME, if you live in CALI you should buy the dc sports though....

I Have the Megan exhaust and it is cheap but still has a really good tone....

None of these will hurt your auot tranny.....i also have the auto tranny, everything is fine for me.

Old 01-31-2008, 02:08 PM
HCF Member

thanks a lot for the quick replys!

ditto on the ebay, not getting anything from there, extreme example but would you feed your baby milk bought from ebay? no haha. my car is my baby and it is getting good quality. :-P lets say i couldnt afford the aem v2, would lets say a k&n typhoon provide simialr results?

also for the megan header, http://www.meganracing.com/products/...e.asp?catid=67 does not show anything for my car! the one says for 01-04 civic but excludes the 05 what now?

and for the exhaust, what are some other good brands?

also some other questions remain, is getting the cai filled with water when driving in snow, rain a really big problem? or is that for extreme circumstances only?

Old 01-31-2008, 05:05 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: gooberguy

thanks a lot for the quick replys!

ditto on the ebay, not getting anything from there, extreme example but would you feed your baby milk bought from ebay? no haha. my car is my baby and it is getting good quality. :-P lets say i couldnt afford the aem v2, would lets say a k&n typhoon provide simialr results?

also for the megan header, http://www.meganracing.com/products/...e.asp?catid=67 does not show anything for my car! the one says for 01-04 civic but excludes the 05 what now?

and for the exhaust, what are some other good brands?

also some other questions remain, is getting the cai filled with water when driving in snow, rain a really big problem? or is that for extreme circumstances only?

You can go with the AEM short ram intake or the Injen short ram intake, Since your worried about hydrolocking your car (which is very unlikey with either the CAI or SRI unless you drive her into a pond) a SRI would provided more confindence then a CAI.

I have a 05 civic....i used the 01-04 EX header, it works fine I PROMISE!

I used Megan, but Apexi, Magnaflow, or maybe Buddy club racin would do you fine....maybe think about custom.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:27 PM
HCF Member

The intake manifold basically takes the air after the throttlebody and sends it to the 4 combustion chambers. There is an intake manifold and an exhaust manifold which is commonly called the header.

AEM V2 may be over hyped but its worth the money. If you live in an area with alot of flooding and snow Id seriously consider a short ram. The CAI's on civics are pretty low to the ground and tend to suck up alot of water. Doesnt take much to seize that motor.

For a header(singular) there is a reason that companies like DC spend money and time developing these.Angles, lenghts, diameters... all this is for a reason and makes name brand companies worth the extra money. You get what you pay for.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:39 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: gooberguy
... lol

sigged.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:50 PM
HCF Member

ahaha what an honor

Old 02-01-2008, 11:05 AM

AEM v2 lol

Old 02-01-2008, 11:38 AM
HCF Member