Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

92-95 exhaust fits on 99 ex?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 09:20 AM
HCF Member
Default 92-95 exhaust fits on 99 ex?

i drive a 99 civic ex 2D coupe and i was wondering if a 92-95 exhaust will fit on my car... specifically this exhaust http://www.k2motor.com/mfcat3cv92.html all the bends and hangers look to be what my stock exhaust looks like

Old 09-28-2008, 10:15 AM

it'll fit just fine
...but that exhaust is crap though and will sound like garbage
you'll like how loud it is at first, but it'll get annoying after a week or two.
Cruising on the interstate or anything sucks with those, it makes hearing the stereo hard. Plus, you'll attract A LOT of cops.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:16 PM
HCF Member

i have basically the exact same thing as that. as long as you have a cat on it it sounds fine. just don't have the silencer in. it may be louder but it's deeper. i liken the sound with the silencer in to the word "ducky". if you get it, try it and you'll know what i mean.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:00 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by brutekiller787
i have basically the exact same thing as that. as long as you have a cat on it it sounds fine. just don't have the silencer in. it may be louder but it's deeper. i liken the sound with the silencer in to the word "ducky". if you get it, try it and you'll know what i mean.
the only reason you like cheap exhaust is because you have never had nice exhaust... i loved my big 5" fart can until i got a GReddy SP2. i would never pul on anything else it sounds so good, looks perfect and is quiet when you want it to be

Old 09-28-2008, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by lilgreencivic
the only reason you like cheap exhaust is because you have never had nice exhaust... i loved my big 5" fart can until i got a GReddy SP2. i would never pul on anything else it sounds so good, looks perfect and is quiet when you want it to be
i agree. I had a big 5" ebay fartcan too, and I thought it was cool, until I watched a video with a recording of an RS*R Exmag (nicer, yet very similar version of a GReddy SP2 or Apex-i WS2).
At that exact moment, I realized that I had been an ignorant moron when it came to exhaust, and saved up my money and bought an Apex-i WS2. That exhaust is unarguably the best mod I have ever purchased for my car, because it eliminated the rice factor on my car and marked my enlightenment into the world of making my car look clean, yet aggressive. Without watching the video of the RS*R, I would have never seen the light.

RS*R video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hccgwUz4z2Y
WS2 video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYAlI...eature=related

The real version (Apex-i N1... meaning that this video's exhaust sounds better (still crappy) than the one you are considering) of what you are considering: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nTOPaNO9Co
I think the fart can loses hands down.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 09-28-2008 at 07:16 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:05 AM
HCF Member

I'm just about to buy a new exhaust for my 99 hatch i have searched and can't find anything on the net. Trust what would you suggest. Ik not a famous one lol!

Old 09-29-2008, 09:29 AM
HCF Member

trust and lilgreen, i totally agree with you that the ws2 and rsr sound much better cuz they do. however, when you don't have that much money and little ability to save, like me and prolly engel too, an ebay exhaust will serve the purpose for the time being. i plan on getting the ws2 by the end of the month because i don't like how loud it is. it's not a raspy loud though, it's just too loud. and it just looks ricey too. but the piping and resonator are still good and the fitment is about perfect, so swapping in a ws2 muffler with ebay piping is a lot cheaper than a full ws2 exhaust.

just clarifying

Old 09-29-2008, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by brutekiller787
trust and lilgreen, i totally agree with you that the ws2 and rsr sound much better cuz they do. however, when you don't have that much money and little ability to save, like me and prolly engel too, an ebay exhaust will serve the purpose for the time being. i plan on getting the ws2 by the end of the month because i don't like how loud it is. it's not a raspy loud though, it's just too loud. and it just looks ricey too. but the piping and resonator are still good and the fitment is about perfect, so swapping in a ws2 muffler with ebay piping is a lot cheaper than a full ws2 exhaust.

just clarifying
But if you can't afford to buy an exhaust that sounds good, there's no purpose in buying an exhaust at all.. stock exhaust definitely sounds better than those cheap aftermarket ones.

And yea, there's nothing wrong with a WS2 muffler on ebay piping. There's a couple differences though: the Apex-i piping has a nice resonator welded in that makes the exhaust sound better, and the Apex-i piping has a rust-resistant coating on it. But yea, there's no problem with putting a WS2 muffler on the ebay piping.

But with that method, after it's all done though, with ebay exhaust, WS2 muffler, and welding costs, i'd be surprised if it doesn't cost you total to do it this way just as much as would have cost to just buy the full catback.

Which leads me to this: If you want a WS2 and want to spend less, get the universal muffler, take your car to an exhaust shop, and have them bend you custom piping, weld the muffler on, and put it all together for you. It should cost you probably $150-200 (guessing... it cost me $75 to get my already owned exhaust to get cut/modified to fit on my Del Sol, so that price i mentioned includes the piping they'll provide and the extra work it is to bend the piping and stuff), plus the cost of the muffler on ebay (~$100). So... ~$250-$300
Compare that to the cost of the full catback: ~$450 shipped on ebay

Old 09-29-2008, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by ShaTownCivic
I'm just about to buy a new exhaust for my 99 hatch i have searched and can't find anything on the net. Trust what would you suggest. Ik not a famous one lol!
lol, you know what i suggest... WS2
Do you have stock piping and you're looking for a full catback?

You have the D16Y7 right? With the stock header/catalytic converter?

If so, here you go (prices sure have gone up since I bought mine):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/APEXI...mZ190254936096

Old 09-29-2008, 12:22 PM
HCF Member

i can't find a universal muffler anywhere for less than 200 though

Quick Reply: 92-95 exhaust fits on 99 ex?