Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

98 civic exhaust

Old 07-09-2007, 05:38 AM
Default 98 civic exhaust

My girlfriends 98 civic(4 door)had a crakced exhaust manifold, so i replaced it with a new manifold, cat and upper o2 sensor. The car is running very rough. Is there anything that i need to do. How can i reset this, thanx.

Old 07-09-2007, 06:42 AM
Default RE: 98 civic exhaust

I think u have to take the battery terminals off and hold them together for 10-20 seconds than put them back on.

Old 07-09-2007, 04:23 PM

ORIGINAL: iceman40

My girlfriends 98 civic(4 door)had a crakced exhaust manifold, so i replaced it with a new manifold, cat and upper o2 sensor. The car is running very rough. Is there anything that i need to do. How can i reset this, thanx.
I have the same manifold...Is her paint on the hood cracked from the heat too?...

You dont have to hold the terminals to gether.. just disconnecting the battery for ten minutes does the same thing...
in fact I you should waite then after drive the car like a calm human for a couple days turning on all the acces. randomly to impose a load on the engine so it can reprogram.. It does work.. Then drive normal so the trans will reprogram to her style..

Old 07-09-2007, 04:34 PM
HCF Member

yea dont put the terminals together.....put disconnect the negative battery terminal, and are you pulling a CEL? If so you're in limp mode, and that makes your car run really sluggish

Old 07-09-2007, 04:52 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: utistud

ORIGINAL: iceman40

I have the same manifold...Is her paint on the hood cracked from the heat too?...

You dont have to hold the terminals to gether.. just disconnecting the battery for ten minutes does the same thing...
in fact I you should waite then after drive the car like a calm human for a couple days turning on all the acces. randomly to impose a load on the engine so it can reprogram.. It does work.. Then drive normal so the trans will reprogram to her style..

+1