Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

aem v2 and hydrolocking??

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 09:49 AM
Default aem v2 and hydrolocking??

i know the short ram intakes dont hydrolock, so i was going to go with those; but then i found out about the v2. i heard that in some cases its a CAI, whatever that means. has anyone ever heard of the v2 having hydrolock problems?? is it just as likely as the cold air intake or not so likely?? also, i know the sri sounds better than cai, where does the v2 fall in?

Old 01-02-2008, 09:52 AM
mxs
HCF Member
Default RE: aem v2 and hydrolocking??

ORIGINAL: SamTay

i heard that in some cases its a CAI, whatever that means.
Depends on what car you have.

Old 01-02-2008, 09:58 AM

I do know that if you have a vtec engine than that the v2 sri intake will sound better. the smaller pipe to the bigger pipe make its kinda echo so its more noticeable when your vtec engauges. I have a aem sri intake. So i took my old autozone 3" pip and hooked it up like a cai just like the v2 and it was deeper .

I like the sri better though

sri-short ram intake-short where filter is in the engine bay
CAI- cold air intake-longer where filter is outside engine bay in such place at the fender well. <---not a good idea if it rains a lot where you live(bypass valve defeats the cai purpose)

* it is prolly a cold air intake where you take off the lower pipe and put the filter on where the lower pipe usually goes

Old 01-02-2008, 10:03 AM
HCF Member

i have the EXACT same car as you, and i have an AEM sri, and trust me, its plenty enough gain to enjoy. dont spend 300 dollars on a v2 when for like half the price you can get something that is probly almost identical to the v2

Old 01-02-2008, 05:39 PM
HCF Member

dont get the v2 sure its nice and sounds good , i had it and hydrolocked my gsr last thursday so to hell with it !!!!!!! besides like jason said for half the $$ u can get a nice AEM SRI and call it a day

Old 01-02-2008, 05:58 PM

okay thanks everyone im going to go with the sri

Old 01-04-2008, 07:04 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: PREKGSR

dont get the v2 sure its nice and sounds good , i had it and hydrolocked my gsr last thursday so to hell with it !!!!!!! besides like jason said for half the $$ u can get a nice AEM SRI and call it a day

would you care to elaborate on how you hydrolocked it? did you drive through a lake or what?

Old 01-04-2008, 07:16 PM

IM wondering how it locked up to. I had my cai ran down to the bottome of my front bumper and i had no problems living in nc where it rains all the time. CAI sounded deep(2.5" to 3" pipe) but i do like my sri from aem better for performance wise.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:41 PM
HCF Member

you don't need to drive through a lake to hydrolock a motor. Why do people keep saying that. Its really annoying.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:54 PM

i would like to know how much water can cause hydrolock. Id like to see some evidence on this theory you have!

Im not saying you have to drive through a lake or not. even though once my buddies wife started or attempted to start her car when the cai was actually submerged into water. they live on a slope and the street drain was plugged. ive never seen someone so mad

Quick Reply: aem v2 and hydrolocking??