Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

After Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 12:45 AM
HCF Member
Default After Exhaust?

alright i have some what of a dilemma, with the pace im at within the next month or so my exhaust/intake/header should be complete, i already have an AEM CAI, and my next two purchases are the Apex'i N1 catback, and DC Sports 4-2-1 header. My problem is this, due to the fact that i bought the car way b4 i had dreams of making it fast i purchased an automatic, 4 years later i m kickin myself in the *** because im stuck, short of a transmission or engine swap, what else is there really left for me to do, i know high flow cat, but are there any other options like cams, or intake manifold? for the record i have a 2000 Civic Ex which i believe is a B16A Vtec.

any opinions will be GREATLY appreciated!

Old 08-16-2005, 02:09 AM
Default RE: After Exhaust?

might consider a racing chip, my friend has an auto civic and his chip was bout $600 and he said its the best $600 he's spent. That can really help an auto so you can adjust when the car shifts and what not. PS i'm sorry you bought an Automatic, live and learn, it's okay...

Old 08-16-2005, 02:18 AM
HCF Member

I don't think you have a B series, brotha. It's more than likely a D16Y8, which is the SOHC VTEC, 127 Hp Ex motor. But of course it's still worth modding, and all of the parts that are good for a manual still apply to the auto, it's just that you will lose a little of that added power in the drivetrain and inability to manipulate shift points.

Before you go spending $600 on a chip though, have you ever considered going with a supercharger? Or are you trying to stay N/A?

Old 08-16-2005, 08:11 AM
Cat Fuсker

If you visit local junkyards you might find a 5-speed with everything you need somewhere in the range of $100..plus around $160 for new clutch and flywheel...

Old 08-16-2005, 05:45 PM
HCF Member

yea well i have consider a supercharger for a while, but several people said i'll f up a lot of things under the hood, mainly my transmission if i were to put in the supercharger. and yea ive done a lot of research for doin a tranny swap and i know about how much it'll run me, but i dunno if i really feel like dedicating that much when in the end it'll kill the value of the car, and if anything goes wrong it may end up costing me a hell of a lot. thanks for all the suggestions so far, anything right about now will help me out, thanks in advance for any future suggestions!

Old 08-16-2005, 05:58 PM

I'd say try and find a junkyard with the same gen. manual tranny. I really think you'd be much happier spending the money on a manual now and saving for mods then modding first and deciding you wanna spend the money on a manual later. Though in the end it wont make a difference money-wise, just personal preference.

Old 08-16-2005, 06:24 PM
HCF Member

yea thats a good point

Old 08-16-2005, 06:28 PM
Cat Fuсker

You have 2 choices:
You either buy a 5-speed, sell the auto, almost a fair trade. That's one route...another one is you buy a tranny cooler and put on a supercharger or turbo.

Old 08-16-2005, 08:58 PM
HCF Member

tranny cooler...interesting...is that the same as an intercooler? (i hate to sound like a noob)

Old 08-16-2005, 09:43 PM
HCF Member

not exactly. Tranny coolers from what I have heard, will help to cool your tranny if the transmission is under a load, for instance going up a hill. If you get a turbo or a supercharger, than installing a tranny cooler probably wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

Quick Reply: After Exhaust?