Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

automatic trans

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 06:07 PM
Default automatic trans

i need u guys opinion..i have an auto trans on a 2005 sedan lx..is it worth modding the engine such as a new exhaust/intake seeing as it isnt a manual..like will i get the same effects or should i just save up for a lowering kit?

thanks

Old 02-28-2007, 06:49 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: automatic trans

i have a AT 2005 LX sedan as well. i modded it. so you should too

Old 02-28-2007, 09:45 PM
HCF Member

Automatic or Manual, we're all here for Hondas. I say mod that car!

Old 02-28-2007, 10:35 PM
Super Cereal Admin

mod it... the only real difference in at's and mt's is the acceleration... power output and top speeds are pretty much the same...

my civics an auto, and I've modded it... after all, we're here because we love cars, right? So who cares what transmission it has? Just have fun working on it... it's what I do.

Old 03-01-2007, 09:09 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: reaper2022

mod it... the only real difference in at's and mt's is the acceleration... power output and top speeds are pretty much the same...

my civics an auto, and I've modded it... after all, we're here because we love cars, right? So who cares what transmission it has? Just have fun working on it... it's what I do.
HA!!!!! lol. THen explain why my car wont get up to 190kph like an old friends 95 coupe did. only difference between the cars is mine is a hatch and auto, and his was a manual coupe

Old 03-01-2007, 07:06 PM
Super Cereal Admin

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan
HA!!!!! lol. THen explain why my car wont get up to 190kph like an old friends 95 coupe did. only difference between the cars is mine is a hatch and auto, and his was a manual coupe
Simple... wear and tear on the engines... do you really think two engines wear exactly the same? And unless you both bought them brand-spankin' new with little or no mileage, you don't know how the car's been treated. If a previous owner beats the crap out of the car, of course it's not going to run like one that was taken care of.

Old 03-01-2007, 09:46 PM
HCF Member

a manual car is capable of exerting more power out of an engine than an automatic because an AT always shifts down

Old 03-23-2007, 11:50 AM
HCF Member

I alsohave a 05 civic LX and since i live in AK right now i was thinking of putting on the DC sports racing headers and a magnaflow exhaust.....would i need anything else here or should these to be just fine, or would it even fit.....agh!

Old 03-30-2007, 11:28 PM
HCF Member

i got an 02 AT civic coupe and yeah i modded mine. Doesn't matter what the transmission is as long as you have fun and enjoy the rewards that come from a modded civic than go and do it. Go all out lol. And for tknaub that would be fine just find one that will fit on your car, but i also would go a little further and get an intake, you know the I/H/E lol. But yeah mod away

Old 03-31-2007, 11:56 PM
HCF Member

my auto, is f*cking sick. who cares if its auto, it just feels that much better when you smoke someone with manual

Quick Reply: automatic trans